Taking Flight

I stood around with everyone else as we waited for Lance. Most of us were gathered around the pod while Coran stood at the console.
"Oh, come on" Keith muttered going to poke the pod but Allura stopped him.
"Not yet! A few more ticks." Allura insisted and I raised a brow.
"What's a tick?" Pidge asked from my side as she held me close.
"You know, a time-slice." Allura responded moving her hands about
"What, like a second?" Shiro asked as he rested his head on top of mine.
"What is a... "second"?" Allura asked as pidge fumbled around in her pocket and pulled out a clock.
"Like this." Pidge said as the clock beeped as each second passed.
"I'm not sure. I think ticks are bigger . Coran do you have a ticker?" Allura asked looking to Coran over her shoulder. I tilted my head up towards Shiro as he looked down smiling at me as Coran pulled out a ticker.
Since I had come out of the pod both Pidge and Shiro are insistent on staying by my side, and I can't complain. I love Shiro with all of my heart, and Pidge's like Amy, the sister I might never see again.
"I think ticks are a little slower." Hunk spoke as Shiro and I joined their circle.
"I can't tell. We have to start them at the same time." Pidge spoke as her and Coran held their clocks beside each other.
"Okay. Ready, go!" Coran exclaimed and we all huddled around to watch both clocks.
I leaned back into Shiro's hold and smiled as he leaned down, resting his head on my shoulder.
"Yes! I think we're winning." Hunk cheered and I looked over at him.
"Winning what? The intergalactic time-measuring competition?" I asked as Keith nodded.
"Yes!" Hunk exclaimed as a tired voice chimed up from behind us.
"You guys having a clock party?" Lance's voice asked as I turned over and there he was.
"Aw, Lance, you just ruined it. Uh- hey Lance!" Realization crossed over Hunk's features as he pulled the Cuban male into a hug.
"What happened?" Lance asked as Allura smiled setting a hand on his shoulder. My little mouse buddy who I had named Sakura due to her reddish colour, jumped up on my shoulder.
"We can tell you all about it while you get something to eat. Are you able to walk?" Allura asked as Lance smiled.
"Talking? Eating? Are you asking me on a date?" Lance smirked as I gave an unamused sigh
"Yep. There he is."
"Yep, he's okay."
"Classic." Keith spoke over top of Pidge and Shiro.

We moved to the dining hall as everyone spoke of what happened. They were all bickering and I smiled leaning into Shiro's hold as he smiled down at me.
"And Iris could of died if she had been any more reckless" Shiro whispered into my ear as I rolled my eyes
"Like you weren't doing the same thing" I whispered back and Shiro shook his head as Sakura nuzzled up against his cheek. He smiled at the mouse stroking a finger over its head. I turned back to the table as Hunk was explaining the Balmera's situation.
"Then let's get moving. Time to go defend the universe." Shiro spoke and we all nodded turning to leave but Pidge stopped us.
"Wait, I have something to say first. I need to come clean and... I'm afraid this may change the way you all think about me. Just so there are no secrets between us anymore. I cant "man up".... I'm a girl." Pidge spoke adjusting her glasses and I sent her a reassuring smile.
We all gave her words of comfort and she sighed in relief before smirking.
"Now, let's launch this castle ship!"

We all took our seats in the main control room as the castle of lions launched. Eventually we were floating well flying in space and we could all walk around.
I took the opportunity to just sit back in my chair as Pidge sat before me. We were speaking to each other in hushed whispers and I was trying my best to explain what had happened during my Kerberos mission, while Pidge tried to help me piece everything together.
"I don't think anything will help Pidge. I can't remember much besides the galra at the moment." I shook my head as we both looked over to Hunk who looked at the rest of us kind of panicked.
"No. Blasting, right?" Hunk asked as I smiled
"Hunk, calm down. And yes, blasting." Keith smirked
"Eh, it's our first big rescue mission. He's excited." Shiro spoke and both me and Pidge smirked.
"Excited to see his new girl-friend" Pidge and I chorused as Hunk gasped.
"She's not my girlfriend! She's just a rock that I met and I admire very much." Hunk defended and I gave a slight chuckle.
Suddenly these unusual alarms blared through the castle.
"What is it? Are we being attacked?" Shiro questioned as he walked over to behind my chair gripping my shoulder.
"No, it seems to be a distress beacon. It's coming from a nearby moon. Apparently, a ship has lost power." Allura explained and I heard Shiro sigh as I stood up walking over to the rest of them, Pidge trailing behind me.
"I wonder who it is." Pidge spoke as Hunk frowned
"Whoever it is will have to wait. Shay has first priority. We can check back on them when we're done." Hunk spoke and I shook my head.
"The Paladin code states that we must help all those in need." Allura explained with a slight shake of her head.
"Wow! This is so cool. It's like we're space cops on space patrol. Coran, do we have a siren we can turn on?" Lance asked looking over to the older man as Coran looked back at us.
"Uh, no, but we could record you making a siren noise and broadcast that to them." Coran spoke as Lance's face lite up.
"Perfect!" He exclaimed as he started to imitate a siren. He went for maybe a good three seconds before Shiro placed a hand over his mouth.
"No, not doing that." Shiro muttered as I placed a hand on his shoulder.