⤫1.38

Jisung felt something weird spread through his chest, something pulling at him as the girl cried

She tried to shake his grip from her wrist, pulling away to run off but Jisung was definitely stronger than her, pulling her closer.

"What did he say?" He asked, hint of protectiveness laced his words and the Soulmate bond began to kick in.
Jisung's eyes narrowed at Jeno as they all watched the girl cry.

The glare from the Demon was all they needed and they all looked away.
"Shall I kill them all?"

Chaerin sniffled and shook her head, sitting down and putting her bag in front of her on the table so no one could see her crying.

Jisung's eyes flickered from the girl to his friends as they all tried to motion to him what to do as she cried.

Jieun slapped Renjun when Renjun motioned to kiss her, yelping in pain.
Donghyuck rolled his eyes and mouthed for him to hug her.

Jisung's nose scrunched up at the thought of him initiating an actual emotional felt hug.
He shivered at the feeling and shook his head.

Seyeon narrowed her eyes at the younger boy and jolted forward in her seat threatingly.

Jisung's eyes fell to Jaemin who's hands were intertwined with his girlfriend's and the Demon had an internal debate with himself, taking a deep breath.

It's just holding someone's hand
It's nothing
It doesn't mean anything

Jisung hesitantly inched his hand closer to hers that was on her thigh. She was laying her head in her arm as she cried.

When his pinky finger grazed against hers, it sent shocks through them both and Chaerin hiccuped on her cries.

She didn't lift her head up or react- swallowing the nerves inside him that had surfaced from nowhere- Jisung moved his hand closer so his large hand covered hers.

He was still on edge, not sure why his breaths were laboured as he gained nervousness.
Jieun sported a wide grin, smacking Renjun and motion for them all to leave.

Silently, the four of them go up and left the two new Soulmates as they began taking babysteps in the right direction.

Chaerin's cries subsided, only letting out small sniffled and she took the initiative to turn her hand over so their hands could intertwine properly.

She didn't need his words of comfort, his presence being enough as she let out her sorrows.

And he let her.

"Hey bubs, how have you been?" Chaerin asked softly, heading over to her bed and stroking her cat.

It purred and Chaerin sighed.
"I wish I felt as calm as you... I've had a shit day to tell you the truth." Bubbles, the cat, looked up at her.

"Yeah I know, The Angel's are jerks- even though they're Angel's."

"Does that make us the good guys then?"

Chaerin screamed out, shocked at the sudden deep voice. She jumped, hand on chest as she looked at the boy who sat on her windowsill, lazy smirk.

Jisung's eyes fell to the cat on the bed who had stood up alarmed at the presence. Jisung chuckled deeply as the Cat hissed at him.

"Oh darling, I can do that too, trust me."