Chapter 3: Distractions

Cecilia P.O.V

I watched Logan as we headed towards his car. I had seen not a trace of his so-called plan. He reaches from behind me to open the door for me when he presses me against the car. Without any warning, he claims my lips and I feel my knees buckle. His right-hand cups my face, gently and the other curls around my waist. His lips are soft against mine and I really could not believe it. He was actually kissing me! My boss, Logan Knight was kissing me like he needed me. Like I mattered. My cheeks were warming up and I just close my eyes, unable to push him away. He was so enticing and my mind was going crazy. So I just give in to the madness.

Logan pulls away from me and I open my eyes, my cheeks burning. He laughs and looks at me with a triumphant smirk. I look away from him to catch my breath. That is the moment when I see Louise watching us. He had put on such a loving display because he knew Louise was watching. I felt so embarrassed. I feel my already red cheeks grow even redder. I could not look at her in the eye and the surprising thing was Louise beamed at her.

"Get a room!" She calls over to us as Logan helps me into the car. Logan laughs and gets into the car himself. He looks at me and I turn away. He had just taken my first kiss. I was 20 years old and I couldn't bring myself to tell him that it was my first ever kiss. How many people have their first kisses at the age of twenty? Logan clears his throat and says, "That was your first kiss, wasn't it?" I jump and turn to face him.

"What gave it away?" I replied, feeling very embarrassed. He smirks and says, "I figured by how awkwardly you acted when we stopped kissing. By the way, you are a natural born kisser, sweetheart." I cover my face with my hands. "Please stop talking! I may die of embarrassment." I pleaded. He sends me home without another word but he had a huge smirk that I wanted to smack off his face. But because I am a very mature, responsible and collected person, I give him a polite smile and thank him. I get out of the car and leave him without another word.

"Cecilia?" He calls over my shoulder and I turn back towards him. He gives me a genuine smile and says, "Thanks for playing along." My heart beats faster at the way he calls my name and I give him a shy nod. I turn around and walk back towards my apartment. I flung myself onto my bed with a sigh. What was wrong with me? He was an arrogant prick! I closed my eyes only to be greeted by the sight of his face. My mind kept thinking of his smirk when he kissed me.

I sighed, feeling so drained by all the lies I told. I was a truthful person. I preferred to tell the truth rather than say things behind people's backs. That was just the worst. They were such nice people. I slowly slid off my dress and hung my dress back into the closet. I changed into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. Then I got a call, my phone started ringing and I answered it to hear my friend, Danielle's voice. We had met at a diner, where we were working together as waitresses. "Lia? Hey! I'm so sorry! I have a favor to ask you." she babbles, with her usual tone of enthusiasm with a hint of desperation and my lips curl into a relaxed smile.

"Sure, what is it?" I asked, packing my bag and I put on my jacket, I head out the door. I can imagine her twirling her finger around the one loose strand of hair, nervously. "I'll let you know when you get here," she says, in a pleading tone. "Ok, I'll see you and it better be reasonable!" I said, making her laugh which alarmed me. I hang up and I head to the bus stop. The cool breeze dashes by and helps me think about what had happened. I caress my lips and blush. He had taken my first kiss. Most importantly, I gave my first kiss to a man I barely even know.

I recall his soft yet callused hand cupping my face, the faint scent of his cologne and his smirk that welcomed me when I opened my eyes. I was confused. I didn't want him to stop kissing me. My heart starts beating faster. An old lady looks at me with a knowing look. God, was I so obvious? The bus arrives and I get on, trying to get rid of useless thoughts. He was my boss and I am not his girlfriend. I let out my hundredth sigh and look out the window of the bus seat, I chose to sit in. I watched lazily as the scenery changes and when it is my stop, I get off. I think desperately of random things, such as why the sky is blue, why couldn't money just grow on trees and whether or not, I had plans for this week.

I walk towards the familiar looking house near the park. I take a deep breath, it seemed that Logan wasn't the only one confusing me. I was reminded of my friend's evil laughter when I asked whether the favor was reasonable or not. That already gave me my answer, it was very very very unreasonable and I should never have come here. But because of my sheer curiosity, I did. I sighed as I saw Danielle peering out the window. Her face lights up and she dashes to the door. How do I know this? Her footsteps were that loud. I shake my head. She opens the door and beams. "Come in," she says, dragging me inside.

I couldn't help be feel slightly (I mean very) anxious.