Chapter 13: Pouting?!

Cecilia P.O.V

I follow Elise onto the beach. She takes a seat on the sand. She turns to look at me. "Sit." she says, gesturing to the spot right next to her. I take a seat and face her. She takes my face into her perfectly manicured hands and examines me. I flush under her steady gaze. I hated when people looked at me. She takes my face out of her hands and looks relieved. "I can't believe that I competing with this." she remarks, sounding bored. Trying to be the bigger person, I don't say anything. I couldn't believe that a person looking this angelic would say such a thing. "What did you want to talk about?" I asked. She brushes a stray curl behind her ear and stares into the distance. "So, what dirt do you have on him?" She questions, refusing to admit that Logan chose me. I internally roll my eyes. "Nothing. Even if I did, he can easily crush me." I replied, trying to keep my temper in check. She sighs and closes her eyes. "I'm sorry, " she apologises suddenly. I raise my eyebrow at her, waiting for her to laugh in my face for being so gullible. "It's just... I never thought Logan would want another woman. As self-absorbed as it sounds, I never believed that he would let anyone in but me. Logan has barriers with people, he's a very private person." She says, playing with her hands. She suddenly stands up and she brushes the sand off her clothes. "I have an appointment to tend to. Bye, Cindy." She says, walking away quickly. Before I can say anything, she disappears. I sigh and get up from the sand. I look at the sparking sea and blue sky. I feel the cool breeze in my hair.

I head back towards the house. My thoughts linger on Elise and I felt shocked by how much she opened up with me. It was true that Logan was private, I knew nothing about him. I step into the house and make my way into the kitchen where I see Mrs. Knight cleaning up. "Hi! I was just going to head over there to call you for breakfast! Good timing!" She retorts, happily. She wipes her hands on a tea towel and we make our way into the dining table. I see Logan scowling at Louise who was squealing with Jessie. His eyes find me and he gives me a smile. He pulls out the chair beside him. Unfortunately for him, Jessie and Louise lead me to a seat next to theirs. I shoot him a look of apology. I look to see a ... pouting Logan?! I hold back laughter at his expression. Who knew that big bad CEO of Knight Enterprise pouted like that?! It was amazing. Louise sticks her tongue out at him. I watch as he gets up from his seat and when Jessie was busy heading towards the bathroom, he takes the seat next to my chair. "NOOOO!" Jessie says, as she sees Logan on her chair. She then resumes walking towards the bathroom. Logan takes my hand and pulls my chair closer to him. "What were you up to?" He questions, his breath tickling my ear. "None of your business." I say, with a smile. I didn't want to talk about Elise since I knew she was being sincere with me. "Don't get cheeky with me, sweetheart." Logan says, his eyes twinkling. Jessie returns and takes a seat beside Logan. As soon as everyone is seated at the table, we dig into the pancakes. I feel Logan's eyes on me. "What's wrong?" I asked, he gestures down at his plate to reveal my masterpiece of a pancake. My cheeks turn bright red at the sight. "It looks wonderful, sweetheart." He says, I lightly slap his arm in frustration.

"It's made with love from Cecilia." Mrs. Knight explains, with a huge smile. I want to crawl underneath the table and hide. I watch him take a bite and he beams. "It tastes amazing." He announces, my cheeks heat up even more. I hear Jessie and Louise cracking up. Logan's eyes are full of amusement and I feel so embarrassed but happy. He was so lucky to have such a loving family, I cannot remember a time when I ate with a table this big with this many people. "You can have my pancake." I say, nervously. He shakes his head at me and grins broadly. "It's mine, now." He says, finishing the rest of the pancake. I should not make pancakes, why did I think for one second that I could? We continue eating in a comfortable silence. It was nice to eat with a large number of people, it wasn't lonely. "Sweetheart?" Logan says breaking the silence after he exchanged glances with Mrs. Knight. I nod and listen. "Mom was wondering if you would like to go shopping with her, Louise, and Jessie. Is that ok?" He questions, I see the hopeful looks on their faces and smile. "Sure, I'd love to." I say, excitedly. Logan sighs and plays with his fork. "I was hoping that you would refuse, so that we could spend some time together." He complains, making me laugh. "We can do whatever you want to, after the shopping trip." I answered, giving him a kiss on his cheek. His eyes widen and my heart pounds. "Ok." He mumbles, meekly. He turns away and I see his cheeks are a little red. I flustered him with that kiss. But I knew that I had to be slightly affectionate since we were supposedly a couple in the eyes of the rest of people in the room. We get up and Louise sticks her tongue out at Logan. "Chicks before Dicks!" Louise chants as she prances around Logan.

After cleaning up, we head into the car and Logan is left behind. My phone buzzes and I see a text from Logan. I'll be waiting. Jessie makes a mock puking noise. "Ewww. Lovesick Logan makes me sick." She jokes, reading over my shoulder. Mrs. Knight puts on "Wannabe" and turns back to Jessie and I, from the front seat. "LET'S GO SHOPPING!" She proclaims, resembling Louise's sass completely. Off we went.