Chapter 7: Enjoying the beach

Cecilia P.O.V

Louise quickly changed into a simple black bikini and tied her hair up into a ponytail. "Cecilia! Here's your suitcase!" she explains, holding out the suitcase. I opened the suitcase and find myself holding a beautiful crimson-colored bikini. "I'm sorry, I think I'm going a little bit overboard. It's just exciting!" Louise apologizes, I smile and shake my head. "Thank you for inviting me on this trip," I replied. Louise suddenly squeals as she spots the bikini in my hand. "It's so cute, isn't it? I picked it out for you!!!" Louise says, dragging me into the bathroom to change. I try it on and Louise is beaming. "You look amazing! I can't wait to see Logan!!" she exclaims, making me blush.

I put on my shorts and a simple tank top. Louise and I skip downstairs to see Mrs. Knight talking sternly to Logan. Her face lights up as we come into their view. "Girls, I'm sorry but I needed for an interview. So I'm afraid that I will not be going to the beach. I'm sorry." she explains, looking sad. Louise sighs and stares at Logan and I. Logan shifts closer to me and takes my hand. "Let's go lovebirds!" Louise announces, linking arms with me. Before leaving, I turn my head and say, "Good luck on your interview, Mrs. Knight!" She beams, pleased and calls out after me, "Call me, Ella!". Logan chuckles and we head down to the beach. We step out the doors of the Knight family's beautiful family home to be greeted by the golden sand. Louise lets out a yell and tosses her sandals aside. She then dashes to the shore with an enormous smile on her face. I take off my own and offer Logan a smile. "The last one to the shore is a rotten potato!" I declared, as I turn away and dash towards the shore. I can hear footsteps that aren't far behind and I let out a squeal. "LOGAN, there's something behind you! Stop running!" I pointed theatrically towards the house. When Logan turns to look, I run down and I make it. I take a step into the water. The water is cool and I feel the waves crashing down gently onto the shore.

I feel strong arms wrap around me and I turn around to see Logan pouting. "That's just mean," he says. I laugh and Louise dashes towards us with a huge smile. "Let's go swimming!" she squeals, before the both of us could rip off our clothes to swim, Logan reminds to rent out a parasol. We rent out a parasol and the moment, the parasol is set up, Louise and I dash into the ocean. "HEY!" calls out Logan from behind as the cool water envelopes me. I laugh and Louise takes my hands as we jump with glee. Logan approaches us with a pout and we ignore him, start swimming around. It has been so long since I had actually had a proper vacation. All my days were spent working and paying my debts. I looked up at the blue sky and the clear water, my mind was free of nagging thoughts. Logan looks at me with amusement and says, "A penny for your thoughts?" I shake my head at him with a smile.

"They are priceless and you'll never know." I teased, retying my ponytail. I playfully flick water at him and Logan gasps, dramatically. He splashes water right back and I dodge very gracefully if I say so myself. I stick out my tongue at me. Logan narrows his eyes at me and says, "This means war, sweetheart." We splash water at each other, laughing. I run away, giggling as Logan strides towards me. I feel strong arms wrap around my waist and I am lifted up over his shoulder. "As much as I like your playful side, you will not escape your punishment." he declares with a satisfied smirk. Before I can say anything, I am sudden inside the water and I sputter out. Logan looks down at me with a smug expression. "Really? Charming. Is this how you treat your girlfriends?" I replied, sighing. "Only you, sweetheart," he replies. I look at him with mock sadness and turn away from him.

"I'm not afraid of water, however, but there is one thing that is absolutely unforgivable. YOU RUINED MY PONYTAIL!!!" I protested. I reach up and untie my hair. As I do so, the most devastating thing occurs, my hairband snaps. I gasp out loud and cradle the broken hair tie in my hands. Logan chuckles at my misfortune and I hear Louise rushing over. "I'm sorry for your loss," she says, understanding my pain. She then departs and dives back into the water. We watch her swim away and disappear underwater. Logan watches as I go through the five stages of grief within thirty seconds. "Why do you always tie your hair up?" he asks, breaking the silence. I look up at him and reply, "It gets in the way of my concentration." There was no way that I was going to tell him that it was only because I felt like flipping my ponytail around would protect me. I had always fantasied being a superhero but well genetics wasn't so kind, giving me no sports ability at all.

Logan lazily swims in the water and I float around. All of a sudden, a head pops above the surface of the water and I make eye contact with big dark eyes. I stare at it with amazement and confusion. What is it? Then the realization hits me. "Turtle!!" I squealed and I accidentally scare it off. Logan laughs and I pout, knowing that I had just scared the poor thing away. I sighed, unhappily and I turn around to see the most beautiful woman. How her locks framed a perfectly structured face. She beams and waves at Logan. I look at Logan to see him frozen.

Who is this woman?