Chapter 6: The Plane Ride

Cecilia P.O.V

Logan leads me to a seat and we sit down. I cannot help but stare at the private jet with awe. It was amazing. I hear an excited squeal from behind me and I whip my head around to see Mrs. Knight. She looked as beautiful as always. Her eyes were twinkling with mirth and her smile was full of warmth. "Morning, Mrs. Knight." I greeted her, with a smile. She beams at Logan, pleased that I was here. "Hello, dear! Call me, Ella! Logan, I am so happy for you! She's perfect!!!" she exclaims, clapping her hands together with joy. Louise joins Mrs. Knight and the two of them clasp their hand together as they jump up and down. "Where's dad?" questions Logan, looking unfazed by this view. Mrs. Knight stops jumping to reply and says, "Your father is waiting for us at the beach house. He thrilled to meet you, Cecilia!" An announcement goes on and the pilot speaks, startling us. "The plane will be taking off soon, so I would advise all passengers to sit in their seats." Louise and Mrs. Knight take a seat with excited whispers.

I smile to myself and look out the window with anticipation. I was on a plane for the first time in years!! I felt a warm hand clasp mine and I turn to see Logan. "I'm sorry about this sudden trip. Especially after what happened last night. I hoped that we could spend more time together, alone. Since we need to figure out how to keep up this act." he whispers, his voice gentle and soothing. I shudder at the memory of last night. I was so relieved that Logan had come for me. Just before anything happened. I nodded and gave him a smile. "I love your family. They are all so welcoming and so kind." I replied, truthfully. Logan rolled his eyes at me and he shakes his head. "You actually mean stubborn, loud and nosy." he corrects me. I slap his arm and sighed. "You don't know how lucky you are," I said, with mock sadness. Logan suddenly turns away and says, "Louise, please stop taking photos." I peek to see Louise with a camera in hand, a sheepish look in her blue eyes. I turn and look behind the seat to see Mrs. Knight hiding with a camera in hand. I bite my lip to hold in my laughter. Logan doesn't notice and is busy arguing with Louise on what camera brand was the best. Mrs. Knight gives me a wink and places a finger on her lips. I return my seat with a big smile and my smile widens to see Logan looking at me with a confused expression.

"I was just amazed by the floor. The design is really intricate and nice." I explained, he smirks as he looks at the floor as it is a plain grey carpet. "I'm glad that you have an eye for design," he states, his eyes full of humor. He leans over towards me and whispers into my ear. "Don't worry about knowing any other members, the vacation is only with my dad, mum, and Louise." I nod, still feeling nervous. I looked out the window to see big fluffy clouds in the endless blue sky. It was so beautiful and it reminded me of the times when my mom had taken me out to the park. I remembered her brown hair blowing in the wind, her brown eyes full of warmth and love. I remember her musical laughter. I shake my head, knowing that these thoughts wouldn't help me. I turn to see Logan fast asleep and I smile. I sober slightly, reminding myself that this is all a ploy. He was going to fire me if I didn't follow his orders, I reminded myself. Besides no one ever stays for you, they only stay when they need you. I smile bitterly as I recall when I saw my dad driving off with his truck, leaving me with the debt collectors. No goodbye, nothing. And thus my life at the homeless shelter began.

It was all an act, Logan and I may have become friends but only because I was helping him. I take out my phone to see multiple text messages that I had received last night. I had three texts from Mr. Grenies. Have your next monthly payment ready for me. I sighed in relief until I read the next message. You know that there are other ways that you could pay me. ;) I ignore the last message in fear and internally gag. "Morning!" a husky voice greets me, I quickly put away my phone. I can't let him know about this, he would use this against me. No one can know my weakness, my colleagues already think that I slept my way up. "What were you doing?" he asks, sleepily. Was he pretending not to know? Or did he not know? I look into his blue eyes and I see an innocent look. By I won't take any chances, so I reply, "Danielle texted me, the girl who invited me to work with her, yesterday." He nods and I hear light footsteps to see Louise. She held out a deck of cards with a cheeky grin. Logan looks at me as if asking me for my permission. I smile and Louise shuffles the cards. We play cards for the rest of the flight and the time flies quickly as we play.

The plane lands without the three of us realizing and I look out the window to see enormous trees and the shimmering sea. It was like nothing that I saw in my life. Not that I've seen much. We stepped out of the plane and my lips curled into a smile as the cool breeze runs through my hair. "What are we doing here! LET'S GO TO THE BEACH!!!!" squeals Louise, excitedly. Louise begins skipping with Mrs. Knight while Logan and I follow them. Logan's hand holds mine and the silence between us is comfortable. But the amount of guilt for the lies was slowly eating me alive.