Chapter 8: Mystery woman identified

Cecilia P.O.V

"It's been so long since we last met, Logan! I've missed you so much!" The yet to be identified woman babbles to Logan. Logan gives a polite smile that I recognize as his 'business' smile. Logan reluctantly steps out of the water and they both sit down on the sun loungers. "Jealous????" says a voice from behind and I turn to see Louise with her goggles. "She is very good looking," I commented, knowing that if I denied that I was jealous, it would blow our cover. I decided to avoid the question completely. Louise snorts and takes off her goggles. "You are much prettier," she assures me, as she then reaches down to her feet to retrieve her flippers. I watch the two converse amongst each other. Logan seems less tense and he chats with her with more ease. "By the way, she is Logan's ex-fiancee, Elise. However, she cheated on him and got pregnant with Jonathan's child. Jonathan was Logan's best friend and he died about four years ago a car accident. Elise had a miscarriage due to the shock and well, Logan feels guilty since he fought with Jonathan before the accident. So, yeah! That's the whole story." Louise explains, calmly. I stay in the water, reflecting upon what I just learned when Louise pushes me. "Girl! What are you doing here! Make her jealous! She's toxic!" she exclaims and I nodded. I get out of the water and walk towards them.

As soon as I start walking, I feel Logan's stare at me and I instantly regret getting out of the water. "Sweetheart, meet my friend, Elise," Logan says, taking my hand and pulling me onto his lap. I flush red and look at Elise. I shyly hold out my hand. "Hi, I'm Cecilia Blackett. Nice to meet you." I say as she takes my hand. Elise's eyes scan my face and my body. As if coming to a decision, she smiles, revealing perfectly white teeth. "Hi, I am Elise Dabrowski," she replies, her eyes staring into mine. Why did her name seem so familiar? Logan's right arm wraps around my waist and he pulls me closer to him. His other hand takes out a towel and gently, he covers me with the towel. I can't help but look at him since well, I couldn't just stare at Elise! He catches me staring and smirks widely. I blush and look away, but his hand cups my face. He kisses my nose, affectionately. "Elise!" greets Louise, in an overly cheerful voice. Elise gives Louise a sweet smile but I saw venom spraying out of her eyes. "Louise!" Elise says, in the same cheerful tone. I untie my ponytail to redo it and I felt insecure. My hair was soaked and well, it didn't look the best while Elise's hair was perfectly in place, every strand. I needed to show that Logan was fine without her. Louise looks down at us, "Lovebirds, can't keep their hands off of each other." she remarks, sounding pleased.

Elise laughs politely and we all fall silent. "Well, I will have to depart. I must get ready for the auction ball. See you tonight! Logan, I hope you save the last dance for me." she says, standing up. I watch her bikini-clad body slowly fade away into the distance. "Sorry, about not telling you about Elise," Logan says, watching me dry my hair. I give him a smile. "It's fine but what did she mean about the auction ball?" I asked, putting the towel down. Logan shrugs and we automatically turn to Louise. She gives a sheepish look. "Sorry, I forgot to tell you guys. Mom organized an auction ball." She answers, not meeting our eyes. Logan looks at me apologetically and I squeeze his hand to let him know that it was okay. "Speaking of this, we must also get ready! It's your first public event as Logan's girlfriend after all!" Louise says, gathering all our stuff together. Logan sighs and we both pick up our things. We head back to the villa and Louise drags me into her room. She tosses a bag to me and I open it to see a lacy bra and panties. I get into the shower, I wash my hair and body, feeling nervous. I was responsible for representing Logan.

When I am done with my shower, I step out and put on the underwear, my cheeks heating up. It fits perfectly and I tell myself not to ask Louise how she knew my size. I dry my hair and slip on the red dress that Louise gave me. The red dress was beautiful and fit me like a glove. The dress emphasized my waist and my curves. It made me look sexy but classy. Louise gasps and she beams. "Logan's going to die when he sees you in this." She declared, wearing her own dress. She wore a blue dress that brought out the color of her eyes. She was stunning. She applies a little makeup onto my face. She beams and then steps back to admire her handiwork. "Perfect!" she exclaims, excitedly as she leads me to a mirror. I am surprised to see myself, my usually pale cheeks are flushed and my eyes are twinkling. "Thank you. I feel beautiful." I said to Louise who shakes her head at me. She takes my hand in hers and says, "Sweetie, you were always beautiful." I blush as Louise looks up at the clock to check the time. "We must depart!" she yelps and we go downstairs. I see Logan leaning against the wall. He is wearing a tuxedo, looking very formal but his hair is still tousled, making me smile. He grins as he sees me, he walks over and takes my hand. "You look amazing," he says, I flush under the steady gaze of his blue eyes. I shyly look up and reply, "You do, too." His grin widens and he gives my hand an assuring squeeze as we enter the ballroom of his family's vacation villa.