Chapter 15: One moment

I put on a smile and make my way downstairs. Tonight, I was going to make things right and set Logan free from me. I was going to play the role of his doting girlfriend well and leave. I cannot keep lying to his family. They were all loving and kind people. Logan is waiting and he is impeccably dressed. He is wearing a blue suit that brings out the color of his eyes. His eyes rake over my figure and I feel so shy. Then his eyes meet mine and I see his blue eyes are darkened. I blush and take his arm as I reach him. "You look breathtakingly gorgeous." He says in a melodious voice. "Thank you. You look nice- I mean great. No, I wanted to say that you look amazing-" I babbled, only to be swiftly cut off by his lips. I hold his sleeve to keep me on my toes. He pulled away and left me breathless. He destroyed the confident girlfriend facade that I had made moments ago. I was getting too greedy and selfish with him. I offer him a smile and we make our way to his car. "Where is everyone?" I asked, nervously as Logan helped me get into the passenger seat.

"They went in a separate car." He explains, walking around the car. He then gets into the driver's seat. The drive is nice and silent. I look out the window to see the beautiful coast. Sometimes I feel him glancing at me but I don't move my eyes away because if I do, I would surrender myself to him. The car stops at a beautiful restaurant on a cliff that looks above the sea. We both get out of the car. Logan takes my hand and we go inside. When we get in, I hear laughter and chatter from the others. Louise beams as she sees us. We take a seat and I am heartily welcomed by Mr. Knight. He has a bright friendly smile and his arm is gently resting on Mrs. Knight's waist. "I have heard so much about you! Thanks for putting up with my son, he can be ... difficult sometimes." He retorts, making me smile. Little did they all know that I was the most difficult of them all. "I am never difficult to my lady." Logan exclaims, placing his warm hand on my thigh. We continue chatting but I was occupied by Logan's fingers playing with the hem of my dress. The food comes and his hand leaves, I feel the absence of his hand strongly.

It was surprising for me to know how much I carved his affection. "Sweetheart?" He whispers to me, making me turn my head to him. "You look incredible. Did I tell you that before?" He asks, making me turn slightly red at his praise. Not knowing what to say, I give his thigh a gentle squeeze and I give him a shy smile. The dinner continued smoothly and I managed to remain calm whenever I felt Logan's eyes on me. Dinner ends and I wait for Logan who whispers something into his father's ear which makes Mr. Knight grin and ruffle Logan's hair. Everyone waves as we get into the car. Logan drives out and I watch as the restaurant disappears into the distance. We go down on a road that I have never seen before. "Uh, Logan? I think that...maybe? You made a mistake?" I stammered as we arrive in front of a beach house that does not resemble the usual mansion we stayed at.

The house was nice and cozy. Logan stops the engine and looks at me. "I thought maybe we could spend some time alone since you've been living with my family for a few days. I know it's hard to live with practically strangers." He explains, getting out of the car. "I was fine living with them. They are all so fun and kind." I replied, feeling anxious. I was planning to use them to distract me. I was afraid of what might happen if I had been left alone with Logan. I get out of the car and Logan takes my hand as he leads me to the house. He looks at me with a determined look and I look away. It was like he needed something from me. But what could I possibly give him? A man who has everything. A family, friends, looks, kindness, intelligence, and well, money. The answer was nothing but debt and baggage. "Cecilia? I just wanted to thank you for putting up with me and my crazy family." He says, his hand takes my chin gently to make me look at him. I look at him. His sincere smile, his warm eyes, and his ever messy hair. I smiled and say, "No, I thank you for everything. You gave me a job. An opportunity to meet your family. I have forgotten what it was like to have a family. You've given me hope." His grin widens and we head up the stairs. His phone rings and sighs loudly. "Answer it. I will go change out of this dress." I say, Logan reluctantly answers the call. As soon as he does, his face is serious and resembles the Logan I knew before I became his fake girlfriend. The CEO Logan. I continue up the stairs and find a room that has my suitcase inside. On top of the suitcase, I find a bag. I peek in to see lingerie in it. I blush and see a tiny note. We hope you like our little present. Thanks for taking care of Logan. - Jessie and Louise

I smiled but I felt like breaking. I was deceiving everyone. I was the gold digging bitch that they feared would trap Logan, not Elise. I take a deep breath and reach over to take off my dress. I hear the door open and I feel warm hands unzipping my dress. I turn to see Logan, his eyes look at me in a way that drives me mad. Perhaps I will give myself one night of love before I leave. For I don't deserve him. He then crashes his lips down to mine and he is all that I can think of. So I give in to him. Just this one moment that I will selfishly take.