Chapter 17: The disappointment of "Tomorrow"

Logan P.O.V

I look at Cecilia's beautiful face as she slept. I made love to her, moments before. She rested her head on my chest. Our legs were tangled together. She was so perfect. I wanted to hold back and ask her on a date before having sex. But seeing her in that dress, I lost control of myself. She was a siren. She was so innocent, I knew that she was a virgin. I asked many times, knowing that she wanted the first time to be special. She nodded and hid her blushing face in my neck. Her brown hair was tumbling down her shoulders, her lips were swollen from my kisses and the desire in her eyes. How could this little creature have me wrapped around her little finger?! She held me close and I saw tears running down her cheeks. I kissed them away and I internally promised her that I would treasure her for the rest of my life. She drove me mad when she ran her hands through my hair. I gently pull the sheets up to cover our naked bodies. She sighs and nuzzles my chest. I couldn't help but smile. I reach over to open the drawer on the bedside table. I take out the little black box and I kiss her wrist gently. I then put on the bracelet on her.

I smiled, thinking of what was to come tomorrow. Tomorrow, I will ask her to date me. I would ask her to be mine. I would make her breakfast in bed and take care of her if she is sore. I would lie in bed with her, talking. She deserved so much more that I could ever give her. I will make my way into her heart. I closed my eyes, excited for tomorrow. I bury my face in her soft locks. I wrap my arms around her and sleep.

Next morning:

I woke up, feeling cold. I turn over to see no one. I am not greeted by a beautiful brown eyed goddess. I scramble out of bed to see her suitcase gone. I ran into the kitchen, the bathroom, and the laundry room. I run back into the bedroom and get dressed. I see a note o the bedside table. She must have left. I grab wallet and I call my driver, Antonio. I get into the car and order him to get to the airport. I pick up the note. My hands tremble and I read.

Dear Logan,

I'm sorry but I have to leave. After going on this family vacation, I've realized that I am an obstacle. I have lied to you, your family, and myself. If I stay any longer, I will burden you and hurt you. You're a good man, Logan but I make you bad. I make you lie to your family. I am not good for you. I knew it but I was scared to admit it. Thanks for last night and all the memories. I promise you that this will be the last you'll ever see of me. I quit my job and I will move. I will be forever grateful to you. You have given me hope, love, and so much more in such a short period of time.

Love,

Cecilia

P.S. I will write letters to your family. I promise that I will explain everything. I'm sorry that I let you down.

She was wrong. Nothing of it was right. She didn't know how Louise didn't open up to strangers or that my mother was so happy to see her. That I am in love with her. She filled the hole in our hearts. I regretted how I didn't tell her about my feelings. She deserved to know how much she meant to me. I was enraged by my carelessness. She must have be confused and hurt. The traffic was horrible and Antonio took a shortcut. We finally arrived at the airport. I ran past security, desperate to make it. "Sir! Come back!" I hear multiple voices but I continued to run. I hear the announcement that the gate was now closed. I had to talk to her. She couldn't leave. I ran but by the time, I got to the gate, she was gone. There was no one. Feeling drained, I walk back and apologized to the people who ran after me. Just when I thought I had her, she slipped right through my fingertips. I take out the note from my pocket and notice that I am wearing mismatched shoes. I laughed loudly. What was she doing to me?!

There was one thing that she had forgotten. I am Logan Knight and she could not hide from me. Not when I wanted her. She will be mine and I would woo her properly. I head back to the car, sighing. Antonio looks at me, concerned. "She left." I say, answering his silent question. He opens his mouth to comfort me but I say "It's time for plan B. Take me back to the Knight mansion." He nods and we drive off to the mansion. The mansion quickly comes to view and I get off the car. I open the door to see Jessie, Louise, mom, and dad. I clear my throat and say, "I have something to confess." Suddenly, my dad smirks and mom giggles. Louise rolls her eyes at me. "We all know you made Cecilia act like your fake girlfriend!" Jessie exclaims, loudly. I freeze, trying to take in what she just said. "Sorry? What? ... How!" I sputtered, blown away.

"We knew instantly. Cecilia isn't the type you usually go for and it was suspicious that you introduced her to us when I mentioned marriage." Mom explains, with a wide grin. "She was also so shy in front of you. She would blush at everything you did. You guys were like two teenagers who wanted to get together but too cowardly to make a move." Louise says. Cecilia and I put on an act for nothing?! Jessie smirked. "You were just using us for an excuse to get together with her. We even brought her, lingerie! Hell, you need to grow some balls." Jessie whines. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I guess I should have known. Help me, please?" I say, helplessly. I had never made an effort to impress a woman before. But for Cecilia, I would do anything. "Time for operation "Get-Logan-and-Cecilia-together-so-they -have-sickening-cute-kids-and-live-happily-ever-after!" Exclaims Louise and I grin.

Wait for me, sweetheart. I will have you back in my arms in no time.