Twenty three

Lisa's POV

We were on our way to my place, Lauren reached over grabbing my hand, and placing it on her lap, "so when's your sister coming again?" She asked.

"The day after tomorrow, and if I'm being honest, I'm a little nervous to see her.. We haven't really talked since the last time she was here, when I was in my dark place.."

"I get you being nervous, but everything will be fine! She's your sister, and look at you, you're doing better right?" She looked over at me.

"Yeah, I've been getting better little by little ever since I've met you," I glanced over, a smile appearing on her face.

She just squeezed my hand, and started rubbing the back of my hand with her thumb, "I'm glad." She lightly spoke.

Shortly, we arrived at my house, and I quickly ran to Lauren's door to open it for her. We walked in, and immediately went to sit on the couch.

She sighed, "today was exhausting.. Did you really enjoy the party?" She looked over at me.

"Yes, I did. It was so nice to be around an actual family again, and get to see the bond between you all. I felt very comfortable around them, once I opened up," I smiled.

"That makes me really happy to hear, they all told me how much they enjoyed you being there," she scooted closer, resting her head on my shoulder.

We sat there for a while, enjoying the others company, while having small talk, "wanna listen to some music?" I asked, breaking the comforting silence we were currently having.

"Sure," she smiled, looking up at me.

I shuffled my songs, of course the first one that came on was one of their songs..

"So you do listen to our music?" She smirked.

"Well of course, it's too good not to. Plus, I get to hear your angelic voice."

A couple others songs played, and we sang to each other through all of them. Laughs exchanged as well. Then, 'Bless the Broken Road' came on, and Lauren gasped, "oh my god! I love this song," she sat up abruptly.

"Me too," I said standing up.

"What are you doing?" She looked at me confused.

I reached out my hand towards her, "Lauren Christine, may I have this dance?" She blushed, before gently grabbing my hand. She stood up, and I pulled her closer to me.

Our bodies fit perfectly together. We swayed to the song, I couldn't help but smile because I felt so at peace in that moment. It seemed like the song was speaking for me on how I felt.

I looked into her eyes, "you know, this song seems perfect for how I'm feeling right now."

She blushed, "yeah, I feel the same way," she tightened her arms around my neck.

We just kept eye contact, as ours bodies slowly moved closer to each other, both smiling as we sang to one another.

Every long lost dream, lead me to where you are
Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way, into your loving arms
This much I know, is true
That God blessed the broken road, that lead me straight to you

Both singing the last part more clearly . I started to feel that tension growing between us again, and I felt my self control slowly starting to fade.. I wanted to kiss her so bad, but I was so scared to act on it. This was the perfect moment to do it, as we were both proving how much we cared for one another.