Forty

Lisa's POV

I woke up, reaching over in the bed next to me feeling for Lauren, but she wasn't there. Then, I remembered that today is Katherines wedding day. I went to pick up my phone to see what time it was, and I saw a note sitting there by it.

Hey babe, I didn't want to wake you up when I was leaving because you looked too cute. There's some food I made for you in the fridge. I can't wait to see you later ;) I love you. 
- Laur

One of my favorite things about my girlfriend, is that instead of just texting me that, she always takes the time to leave me notes. It makes my heart warm. I grabbed my phone and went downstairs to get the food she made me.

After warming it up, I sat down and got on Instagram, scrolling through the stories I saw all of her sisters posting selfies of them getting their makeup done. Then I got to Laurens, and immediate butterflies were in my stomach. I swiped up on it, 'are you trying to kill me?' and doing it again, 'i'm so in love with you 😍'.

I didn't have a whole lot of time to get ready. Laurens parents offered me to ride with them, since they weren't getting there as early as the girls, and they didn't want me driving alone. I have like two hours until have to be there, so I went back upstairs to take a shower.

I looked at my phone after finishing my hair and makeup to see I have just enough time to get to their house. I grabbed all my stuff and walked towards the car.

I knocked on the door, soon seeing it open and Lynne standing there with a smile on her face, "Hey sweetie, come on in!" she opened her arms to hug me. "You look pretty," she said, pulling away.

"Aw thank you," I smiled at her.

"We're just waiting on the boys to finish getting ready," Lynne walked towards the stairs, "Boys hurry up we gotta get going!"

A few minutes later, they all came down and greeted me. The three younger boys all giving me high fives, and their dad giving me a hug. Soon we were all in the car, and on the way to the wedding.

"So Lisa, how's everything going with your band?" Mike asked.

"It's going really well actually. We're currently working on an album, and thinking about touring soon! I'm finally back into feeling passionate about our music again, since Lauren has helped me out so much with everything I was dealing with."

"I'm really glad to hear that. Maybe if you guys ever have another show around here, we could come and see it," Mike smiled at me in the rear view mirror.

"I would love that actually. Thank you guys for how much you've been there for me basically since I met the both of you. You guys didn't have to do that, I'm just your daughters girlfriend, but I appreciate it so much."

Lynne turned so she could see me better, "Lisa, you're much more than just our daughters girlfriend. I love all of my kids significant others, but you're the one that's made the most effort to have an actual relationship with the whole family. We love you, and all the kids adore you. Mike, and I, are very happy that Lauren has you, and we're both proud of how far you've come, and we'll always be here."

I felt my eyes start to water, and I quickly tried to stop it so it didn't mess up my makeup. "I've waited my whole life to hear those words, and I'm really happy it was from someone who actually cares for me. Thank you. I love you guys too," I smiled, still trying to hold the tears back. "So enough about me, how are you feeling about another one of your daughters getting married?"

"It makes me feel old," they both chuckled, "but i'm very happy for Katherine and Max."

"Do you see yourself ever getting married?" Mike asked.

"I do, especially with Lauren. Only with both of your blessings though," I nervously laughed.

"Of course we would give you that. We wouldn't want her with anyone else, as long as she's happy."

I felt the tears coming again, I never expected any of this today and I couldn't stop smiling. All I've ever wanted was a good relationship with her parents, and I think I finally got it.

We finally got to the church, and it looked beautiful on the outside. We all walked in, and everything just seemed so fitting for Katherine. The guys went up to the front, while her mom told me to follow her to the others. We walked in the back where all the bridesmaids were.

They all turned their head towards the door, smiling once they saw us. My eyes immediately looked at Lauren, my mouth opened a little seeing her.

She walked up to me lightly pushing my jaw back up, "close your mouth, you're gonna catch flies in there," my girlfriend laughed.

"You just took my breath away. I've never seen you dressed up like this before. You look absolutely beautiful. I'm so lucky," I smiled, before wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Don't get too used to it, I don't do this much. But thank you babe, you look beautiful as well," she pulled away, quickly leaning in to peck my lips, "I'm the lucky one."

I took one last look at her from head to toe, "I love you."

She laughed at my actions, "I love you too."

"I'm gonna go say hi to Kath real quick, I'll be right back."

Katherine saw me walking towards her, she had a big grin on her face, "Hey Lisa! I'm glad you're here!" she held out her arms, pulling me in for a hug.

"Hey Kath, you look beautiful. I'm so happy for you!" I said, pulling away.

"Aw, thank you!"

"How're you feeling?"

"A little nervous, but more excited than anything," she laughed.

"I'm sure, it's your big day! I'll let you get back to finishing getting ready. I'll talk to you more at the reception," I smiled, before making my way over to the rest of her sisters. All saying hi, and having small talk. Dani finally walked in with food in her hands.

"Oh no, who let you back here?"

"Wow it's good to see you as well Dan," I laughed.

We all sat there talking until it was time to go out for the wedding.

"So how'd the car ride with my family go?" Laur asked leaning over laying her head on my shoulder.

"It went really good actually. It got a little deep, and I teared up a few times," I laughed, before laying my head on top of hers.

"Wait, why did you tear up? How deep did it get?"

"Yeah, but it was happy tears. I'll tell you about it later," I kissed the top of her head.
————————————————————————
i'm SO sorry it's been over a month since i posted anything.. i was just in a weird spot mentally but i promise the next chapter will not take nearly that long

i decided to skip ahead in the story some since i made you wait so long

if any of you guys are still reading thank you