Thirty Two

guys I lowkey forgot that Nick and Lisa shared a birthday together, so I'm gonna add that in this chapter lol

Lisa's POV

I opened my eyes and looked around, Lauren, and I must have fallen asleep on the couch last night.. Wait, where is Lauren? That's when the smell of food being made hit me. I stood up and stretched, before making my way to the kitchen. I saw my girlfriend standing there making food while humming to herself.

"Something smells good," I said, but I guess I startled her because she jumped a little, quickly turning around.

"Oh my gosh, you scared me!" I walked farther in the kitchen, "you weren't supposed to wake up yet, I was going to surprise you with breakfast.."

"I'm sorry, I'll go back and act like I'm sleeping, and then I'll act surprised," I lightly chuckled, while leaning against the counter.

"No it's okay, come here," she held her arms out, which I gladly accepted and wrapped my arms around her, "happy birthday cutie."

"Thank you, and for this breakfast. I appreciate you babe," I said before kissing the side of her head.

"You're welcome," she smiled.

"I'm gonna go brush my teeth real quick, and then I'll be back," I turned to go to the bathroom, but she grabbed my hand, "wait, I haven't gotten an actual kiss yet," she smirked.

"Fine, but it's gonna be a quick one because I have morning breath," she rolled her eyes before I leaned in pecking her lips. Causing her to smile beamingly while turning back around.

When I was done, I just looked at myself in the mirror. You're going to have a good day, this year is different. Enjoy today with your girlfriend! Appreciate what you have! I kept repeating that to myself because I don't want to ruin today.

When I walked back in, Lauren was finishing setting everything up on the table. Her smile returned when she noticed me walk back in. I smiled back while taking a seat across from her.

"Hey, I have to run to my parents house later to drop Nicks birthday gift off to him. Do you wanna come with me?" She asked, breaking the comfortable silence.

"Yeah of course, I always love spending time with your family! It's so cool I share a birthday with your brother," I smiled, before taking my last bite.

"Aw, that makes me happy to hear. We'll probably leave about five thirty, six-ish."

I nodded my head in return. She looked back down, but I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I see her nearly everyday, but she still takes my breath away no matter how much I look at her. I have literally the most perfect person for me, and yet deep down I'm still scared of fully giving my everything to her. Don't get me wrong she makes me unbelievably happy, I just know how my past has been..

I came back to reality, and saw her giving me a curious look, "have I ever told you how beautiful you are?"

I watched her immediately blush, "I could say the same thing about you," which of course lead my cheeks to get rosy as well. I leaned over the table motioning her to come closer so I could kiss her.

After we cleaned up, I sat back down on the couch. Grabbing my phone, I saw a bunch of texts from all of Laurens family, and my sister. Seeing all the heartfelt messages made me really happy, I wasn't use to that.

>> Skip a few hours later >>

"You ready to go babe?" I heard Lauren ask, nodding my head as I followed her out the door.