Chapter 12

(Vivien) Since I came here I knew I have to see it. I always go to see it when we are in town. My dad doesn't know that I've been visiting the house every time we are here, I just tell him that I am going shopping. On some occasions I go to a shop nearby and buy a few clothes as proof that I really went shopping.

I knew my father will assign Marcus to come with me, but that won't stop me. I was in the shower when I heard some weird noises, but I decided to ignore them. I stopped the water and took the towel, putting it around my body. Then I took my other towel for my hair. I went out of the bathroom and froze at the man standing in front of me.

-Omg! What are you doing in my room?!

-I am sorry Miss, I didn't mean to...I came to...uh...ask if you...

-Did you even knock?!

-I did...but...uh...you didn't answer.

-So you decided to just enter?!

-Yes...I'm sorry...I'll go out now...

He left and I turned around visibly blushing. I was holding on so tight on my towel because I almost dropped it because of the shock. I remembered the strange noises and him saying he knocked, oh my I'm never ignoring a noise again. I sat myself on the bed, it could have been worse.

I got dressed and decided to search for Marcus. I was wearing a loose old pajama and my still wet hair was on one of my sides, leaving drops of water on my shirt. I was nervous to see Marcus again after this, but I wouldn't let a simple accident to stay in my way of seeing the house again. I took a deep breath before knocking to his room. I waited patiently until I heard a vague "Yes?" coming from the other side.

-Hey.

-Miss, I am sorry that I entered without your permission, I thought...

-I know. It's okay.

-Really? Thank you.

-And don't call me "Miss".

-Yes, sure, sorry.

-What did you want to ask me?

-Pardon?

-When you entered my room, you said you wanted to ask me something.

-Oh, yeah. Your father told me that you wanted to go into the city. I was going to ask when you wish to do that.

-Oh, yeah. Well, be ready in one hour.

-Yes, Mi...Vivien.

I went back to my room and got dressed. After I dried out my hair I went to the luggage to take some clothes. I changed into black simple pants and a purple loose shirt. I let my hair down and didn't do any make-up. I used to be so simple a few years back, I thought as I saw myself in the mirror. When I went out of the room I was surprised to see Marcus, but I snapped out of it and continued walking towards the exit.

I already knew where I wanted to go, but I had to be subtle about it. I didn't want Marcus to report my father that we went to a house for two hours so I decided to take a tour around the city. I knew every corner of that city but seeing it again was filling my heart with joy as well as combining it with terrifying pain.

I stared absently out of the window almost the whole time. I could feel that Marcus' eyes were fixed on me; I moved my sight gently when I felt his stare went away. He was enjoying the views. I stopped the uber when I saw that we were close to the house. We were 10 minutes away from it.

My heart started pounding faster as I was approaching it, then I saw it, the house we used to live in. This was our home until mom died. I felt the flood of memories exploding in my head, drowning every other thought with pictures of my mother. I felt a tear coming down my cheek when I remembered how happy we used to be before she died but I wiped it before Marcus could see it. I turned away from him, we had to leave otherwise he could get suspicious. I started walking, my heart aching because I was letting the house behind.