Chapter 19

I woke up under a thin blanket in an unknown bed, I took a look around the room. It was a rusty old room resembling more with an attic. A strong headache alongside with a few of the memories from last night hit me unexpectedly. I looked at Marcus who was sleeping at the edge of the bed his body half uncovered by the blanket. I stood up and put my hand on his back, with gentle moves I tried to wake him up. He frowned and took my hand embracing it with his own.

-Marcus.

...

-Marcus.

He moved his head towards me, barely opening his eyes, then closing them again he stumbled in bed and murmured a few tangled words.

-Morning sunshine.

I smiled at the perfect image of him lying in the bed.

-Get up, we have to go.

He groaned placing his head deep into the pillow.

-Noo, let's stay a little bit more.

Raising his head he grabbed my hand and dragged it to himself making me fall back in the bed. He came beside my still body and cuddled me, sliding a hand around my waist. He placed a soft kiss on my cheek and then put his head down behind mine.

-We have to go.

-Why?

-I don't want to spend all my weekend in a rusty hotel room.

-Now you sound like the old Vivien.

-Old Vivien?

-Yeah, you know, the Vivien I met the first time I started to work for you.

-Oh. Do you miss her?

-Not really.

I turned and kissed him on the lips and then, pushing myself from him, I got up and started to get dressed.

-C'mon.

He groaned and crawled at the edge of the bed, grabbing me by my pants he let his head fall back into the sheets. I laughed and pet him on the head.

-Don't be such a baby.

-I just wanna stay all day in bed, with you.

-And we can do that, but not here.

He raised his head from the sheets and pointed me with a suspicious look.

-You promise?

I chuckled and came closer to him, bending on my knees and giving him a short kiss on the lips.

-I promise, now let's go.

With a sigh he got up and in less than 5 minutes he was already ready to leave. We decided not to eat at the restaurant nearby, which looked a bit weird, instead Marcus let me take him to a place I knew.

-This better not be one of those fancy places I hear rich people like to go to.

-It's not, you'll like it.

I didn't let Marcus see the place, wanting that this time to be me the one who surprises him. I walked behind him struggling to keep my hands in front of his eyes as he was much taller than me. We almost stumbled and fell but we made it at the front door. When I took off my hands from his eyes he opened them and smiled clearly surprised.

-Do you like it?

-I don't know, I didn't expected something like this.

I took a look at the big diner in front of me. It was an old diner from around the 1960s, it wasn't renovated since a long time ago but it still had some sort of magic that attracted people to it.