Chapter 18

I closed my eyes and let my body guide me, I stepped gently towards the centre of the house. I felt a soft hand grabbing mine, taking me to the kitchen. I let the small hand take control over me, I felt pushed towards the empty room and a powerful smell of food hit my senses. I opened my eyes and for a second I could see her again, behind the kitchen counter, turned to the stove, focused on her cooking. I approached slowly, afraid of making her disappear. I was so close to her, I wanted to touch her, to fall on her back and embrace her with my arms. In the blink of an eye she was gone and my body could pay attention to the real world again, I noticed two hands on my shoulders.

-Vivien, are you okay?

I turned to Marcus' worried expression, I looked around realising that my mother was never there.

-Yes, I'm sorry, there are so many emotions about this place.

-Is it okay that I brought you here?

-Yes, this is the best surprise you could make, thank you.

I tiptoed and kissed him.

-Would you like to see the rest of the house?

-Of course, it...it changed a little since I've last been here.

It was only then that I really realised the changes, the counter was still there, but the furniture was different, new. All was freshly-bought and even the colors were changed. I walked to the entrance again, our family photos were replaced with those of people I've never met. The downstairs bathroom was a pantry. I went upstairs and directed myself to my room, only that now it had a new owner. It was the room of a little girl, all pink and with a small bed in the corner. I pointed my parent's room with my eyes and approached it slowly. I opened the door balancing myself on the edge, it was almost like before, the same brownish-purple furniture, only newer. Marcus came by my side and stuck his arm around my waist.

-Here is where we are going to sleep.

-Here?

-Yes, only if you think that small bed can fit us both.

He smiled but became serious in an instant when he met my straight face.

-Or, if you don't want to sleep together, I can take the small bed.

-No, it's not that. This was my parents' room.

-Oh...

-But I'm okay with sleeping here.

-Are you sure? I was serious about the bed.

I chuckled and turned to him, facing him.

-I know you don't want to.

-Yeah, I don't, I really don't.

I laughed and kissed him then parted myself from him and went to the centre of the room.

-Should we bring the things?

-Yeah, make yourself comfortable, I will take care of the things.

I took a look around the room, walking from the wardrobe to the nightstand and sitting on the bed. I laid myself completely on the bed and stretched a bit my body, when I noticed Marcus coming into the room. He put the luggage down and smiled.

-Should I join you?

-The real question here is if you are allowed to.

-Well, Miss Collin some rules are made to be broken.

He said and came on the other side of the bed, laying on it and coming towards me. He sneaked his arm on my hips and down on my belly, I shivered and turned my head to kiss him. Our lips matched like they were made for each other and as he raised his hand towards my cheek he slowly moved it on my body. I turned completely to him letting him more access to my body, he moved his hand from my cheek back on my hips drawing the curves of my body with his fingers. His lips parted from mine and moved to my neck going down until the décolletage of my shirt. I felt his cold hand on my skin under my shirt going upwards, I moaned in pleasure when he suddenly stopped.