Chapter 15

(Vivien) I opened my eyes and saw Marcus so close to me, I felt his lips on mine, hot tears fell down my face. I began to push him and when he was completely off me I ran away. I didn't know where I was going but I just wanted to be far from him. I heard his screams but I didn't stop.

I ran as fast as I could with drops of tears flying from my face. My face was fixed on the ground, sobs still getting out of my exhausted breath. I stopped running when I saw a rock I could sit on. I sat and I covered my face with my palms, trying to calm myself down. When I finally decided to head back I looked up at my surroundings, I was in the middle of a forest. I started to panic, contemplating ever leaving. I got up and rounded to catch a view of everything, but I saw nothing except trees. I started walking hopelessly in a random direction; I didn't know where I came from as I barely had my eyes open.

I walked for what felt like hours, I checked my pocket after my phone but I quickly remembered that I left it in the car. I continued walking, moving my head in every direction in search for a road. A short honk got my attention and I tried to follow it. I ran like my life depended on that towards the sound. Behind a few trees and some bushes I saw the road and a parked car. I ran to the car, seeing two men sitting and talking.

-Hey! Hey! I'm sorry I got lost from my car; can you drive me to the city? I can pay you.

They examined me up and down and one of them stepped closer after shortly glancing at the other.

-Yeah sure, where do you live?

-Woodstock.

-Ah, I've been there, is very nice this time of the year. Hey Charlie what about you go and start the car?

The other nodded and left us alone. The first man turned back to me and grinned, showing his perfectly white teeth.

-I'm James by the way.

-Vivien, nice to meet you.

-Vivien, such a nice name for a beautiful lady like you.

Charlies head popped out of one side of the car, signaling James to come closer.

-Hey James looks like we have a problem here, would you mind coming a second?

-Not at all. Excuse me.

They both went behind the car and I was left alone, after a few minutes James came back with a serious look.

-Is something wrong?

-The car has a bit of a problem, nothing to worry about. Hey why wouldn't you hop in while we fix it? Rest a little you may be tired.

-Sure.

He opened the door to the back seat and I laid myself down. James wasn't wrong, my feet were aching so bad because of the run and long walk. I glanced on more time at them before falling asleep; James was talking on the phone while Charlie was nervously chewing his nails.

When I woke up my hands were tied up, I closed my eyes again thinking it was just a bad dream. Half an hour had passed and I was fully awake, I was still tied, I wasn't dreaming. I tried to raise my head and saw James and Charlie in the front.

-Hey! What's happening?!

James took a short glance in the back and smiled.

-Oh good, you're awake.

-What are you doing?

-I'm taking you to the city, isn't this what you wanted?

-Why did you tie me up?