Chapter 5

(Marcus)  -It was my grandpa's car. He gave it to me before he died, three years ago.

-Oh, I am sorry.

I looked at her, her sad expression and clear regret of asking me about the old Volvo. She was so cute.

-It's okay.

-So were you close to your grandpa?

-Yes, he was all I had. My grandmother died before I could meet her, so did my mother. They died in a car accident together, so I was left with my father and grandpa. No one really knew my mother's parents, she was a runaway.

-You must miss her.

-Every day.

-My mother died when I was 14 too, I was devastated.

-There really aren't too many words to express how that feels, huh?

-No, no there aren't.

I remembered that day, the day I confessed to Vivien why I still kept that old Volvo. I had so much in my mind that day, I recalled my childhood and my grandpa, how much I missed him. I got lost in my memories.

9 years earlier

-Grandpa! Grandpa! Look what I've found!

-Very good Marcus, I really needed that piece.

-Are you going to be able to finish the car now?

-Not yet, but soon this car will be roaming around the streets.

-Will I be there with you grandpa?

-Well of course, you are my little assistant after all.

-Grandpa, I am not that little anymore.

-No, you are growing so fast Marcus, but it will still take you time to be like me. Now, come here help me with this.

We used to work on that car every summer, it was a lot of work to do and my grandpa didn't want me to work during school. He always said that education is more important than the car, even though I had plenty of time, we didn't do much in school. He wanted me to go have fun as well, every two weeks he sent me to play with the other boys, so I wouldn't waste my childhood, but I just liked spending time with him while working on the car.

-How can I help you more, grandpa?

-I think that's enough for today. Why don't you go and play?

-I don't want to; I want to stay with you.

-I am old Marcus; you'll get bored if you stay with me, it's better if you go find children your age.

-I could never get bored of you grandpa.

-Marcus.

He pointed my eyes with his specific look on his face. Whenever he did that I knew that there was nothing more to say, I had to agree with him.

-Okay. Do I need to ask dad?

-No, it's okay, I'll tell him that I let you. Have fun.

-Thanks grandpa, bye!

My father wasnt around too often, he always said that he worked too much and needed to relax away from us. He couldn't bear to see me; he considered me mom's little clone. Even though, there were quite a lot of features that made me resemble more with him than with mom. He was always at the bar drinking his sorrow since mom died, my grandpa was the only one who was really there for me.