7

A/N
I'm so late with this chapter and I'm so sorry! I have a feeling that my grammar sounds weird now cause I only used Hungarian in writing for a while. Hopefully I can make a rhythm in updating so that I won't forget in English and none of us will forget what the story was about. 😂😂Anyway, thanks for everyone who is reading it, who is voting and writing comments, it means the world to me. ❤️ I hope you'll enjoy this one!

***

Mitch made sure that he has locked everything before leaving with Scott. He tried his best to forget the new letter at least for that afternoon. He used the opportunity to talk with Mark (so he didn't have the chance giving an explanation to Scott) and they watched a movie as Scott promised. They ended up going to sleep way too late so it wasn't worth for Mitch to go home – and he was secretly very thankful for that.

The next morning Scott drove him back to his house, saying goodbye until the following performance which was in a couple of days. It was in Arizona and Mitch this time purposefully didn't announce it on his social media even though he knew that his stalker was going to find out anyway.

The night spent at Scott gave him some kind of comfort but it immediately faded away as he saw the lock of the front door almost completely destroyed.
"What the fuck," he mumbled. He looked back above his shoulder but Scott has already left. Before he even knew what he was doing, Beau already picked up the call for him.
"Baby?"
"Beau, someone..." His breath hitched as he looked back at the door. "The lock is broken and I don't know if he's still inside- I- He just-"
"Wait, what are you talking about? Which lock?" Mitch heard the concentration in Beau's voice as he tried to figure what his partner was talking about.
"The front door."
"Did you call the police?" His boyfriend asked with a harsh tone this time. Right. The police. Mitch didn't even think about that. Now that Beau mentioned, it made more sense than asking for help from his boyfriend miles away.

Two police men arrived within thirty minutes so Mitch needed to drop the call with Beau in order to answer their questions. But when they asked him about someone who he thought that could break into his home, he went mute. At first he wanted to spill, to tell everything but then he looked into their eyes and his confidence was nowhere to found. Why would two random strangers believe him? Seemingly his story felt fake even for his loved ones.

At the end, the police officers left without knowing anything about his stalker.

Mitch tried to convince himself that he has made the right decision. Scott and Beau will probably know about everything and if they read his story in the report, they would be so done with him. And what if the police think that he was making up the whole thing? Maybe this time it wasn't even his stalker.

A few minutes after the officers' car disappeared, he was sitting on the couch, facetiming Beau. His boyfriend tired everything to get Mitch talking but he was in his thoughts so deep that he couldn't force out more than a couple of words.
"Hey, don't worry. It was probably nothing. Someone tried to break the lock, failed, now the police know, everything is going to be alright," Beau sighed. "Anyway, you'll be away from home soon, right? You'll quickly forget about it, I promise."

***

Austin was free for that night. They haven't seen each other since forever and he was happy to have Mitch over. Mitch really tried his best to act like everything was alright so he won't ruin their time spent together. They were drinking wine and staying up late, though around midnight Mitch was already tired. He absolutely didn't have enough sleep those days which made him cranky and more anxious overall, and he hated it. Half an hour later his phone binged, alerting him of a new text message. He curiously blinked at the screen, having no clue who could've texted him that late. His first thought was a drunk Scott but that wasn't too common anymore – they either drunk less or talked less than before.