10

There are times when everything is just too much. When you have so many things on your mind that you can't even follow your own thoughts. When the problems are just growing and you feel that you're never going to solve them. When everything is hopeless.

That was how Mitch felt.

It was hilarious that this summer he only worried about his album. He felt like crap for not being able to release MG1 in time but otherwise everything was working out fine. He had great friends, an amazing boyfriend, Pentatonix was going well, Balenciaga invited him for a fashion show in Paris. Life was great overall.

Now all the sunshine and rainbows were gone. Since he got the first stupid letter, everything was going downhill. It wasn't love. He wasn't getting any support from that guy as he was getting from other normal fans. He was following him, he was stalking him, he was getting into his personal space and Mitch was over it. He absolutely had enough.

His phone binged, making him jump. Lately he was so restless. He opened the message, thinking that it was Beau telling him something about tomorrow but it wasn't.

I hope next time you'll keep your little mouth shut because otherwise remember
'I'll hold you down
Kiss you so hard
I'll take your breath away'
So you won't be able to talk
xoxo

He was staring at the message for minutes but some kind of weird calmness took over him. Scott saw the guy in his room, he had the letter and now the message. He had evidence for Beau because he needed to tell him. That was the smartest decision he could come up with. His boyfriend was arriving next day afternoon, Mitch just needed to collect his words until that.

He obviously couldn't fall asleep that night. He was staring at the ceiling until 2 a.m., and that was the time he had enough and took medicine. Usually he tried to manage living his life without it so he always felt like kind of failing when he needed to open the small container. But at least he could get some sleep.

Next morning he woke up quite early and ordered some breakfast as usually. After he got the gluten-free croissant and the Irish coffee – just because he wanted something special -, he was sitting on the bed, his back against the headboard and scrolled though Twitter. He didn't even start eating the croissant when his phone rang, showing Beau's name on the screen.
"Morning, babe!" he greeted him but didn't get the response he expected.
"Tell me Mitch and be completely honest: does it worth for me to visit you today or should I go home?" Beau's voice was cold and firm, making Mitch sitting up properly. His heart was automatically beating faster.
"What- What do you mean?"
"Come on, just tell me the truth."
"Yes, you absolutely should visit me if you want to, I miss you very much," Mitch said. He was terrified. Did Beau find the letters and assume that Mitch was cheating on him?
"Well, if you love me so damn much, you better have a great fucking excuse why you gave your lover my phone number or whoever the fuck this guy is?!"

Mitch sat there in shocked silence for a minute. A minute which was probably a bit loot long.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Mitch asked finally. "Obviously I don't have any lovers, I only have you!"
"Oh, you obviously don't, huh? He knows your address, he was sending you flowers and a fucking letter! Don't think I'm an idiot, I noticed that you don't talk to me anymore and didn't want me staying at your place. Now I see why. And he knows my, number, Mitch! That's just way too much personal information to cover with a 'stalker', you know? I'm not convinced that I should believe you anymore." Beau sounded so hurt and disappointed. And the worst part was that it was Mitch's fault because Mitch had nothing to bring up and convince him of the opposite at that moment.

He had no idea how his stalker got Beau's number, too. Mitch should've reported him right after the first time he got a message. He should've told someone. Damn, he fucked it up. He tried to hide it so hard that he only achieved what he's been the most afraid of.

"Beau, please, you have to believe me. Just once, only this time! Please- I wanted to tell you, he got into my room yesterday and-"
Beau interrupted him with a bitter chuckle. "Oh, he had been in your room, too. Great. I hope you had a fun time."
"No! No, let me explain! Please just come here and I'll explain. Do not assume that I'm cheating on you cause it's absurd!"
"Absurd? Interesting but I'd use here the obvious word instead."
"Just come, please! I'll tell you everything, I swear. It's really not what you think. Just please let me explain in person. Believe me just once, I promise I never had a thought of cheating on you." There was nothing much left than begging and hoping that Beau will give him a chance.
"I don't know, Mitch. I'm not a complete fool."
"Please, I miss you," Mitch tried once again.
"No. Just- don't say that. I already regret flying here." And with that, he hung up the call.

Mitch was a literal sobbing mess. His heart was aching so bad as probably never before. Not even when they were keeping a small break. This time Beau thought that Mitch was lying to him and it hurt so much more than their stupid arguments back in those days. He was in so much pain and he needed relief. He couldn't catch a proper breath, he couldn't think so he automatically reached out for the box of medicine left on the nightstand.

***

Beau was so hurt. He felt used. He felt disrespected. He couldn't believe how blind he was. Of course, Mitch was a superstar. He could get anyone. It's just that Beau didn't ever assume that Mitch would lie to him. He saw Mitch breaking down so many times, yet he never thought of any other reason than his mental health. All those times he might have been just nervous of getting caught.

Maybe he was dumb but he loved Mitch so much. He took his suitcase, locked the house and left for his plane right in time. If he was on his way already, he wanted to hear what Mitch was about so say. Even if it felt really stupid and shameful for Beau to travel for being ditched or lied to.

He couldn't stop staring at the message he got that morning.

You deserve to know that truth. I can love Mitch better than you ever could. Get out of the way.

When Mitch got the flowers and the letter, Beau didn't think much. He was already pretty suspicious since Mitch was talking less with him, spending more time with things he didn't tell Beau but he was blind in love. He didn't want to see that something was going on.

And now look at him, such a fool... He was on his way to Mitch instead of turning on his heels.

When they started to date last year, it felt like a dream. Beau has adored Mitch for so long, and when Mitch messaged him back on Twitter, he was on cloud nine. He has never thought that one day Mitch was going to love him back- And after that, break his heart completely.

When he arrived to the hotel, he sent Mitch a message but no response came. He sent him another, then he called him but still nothing. Then he sent Scott a message, thinking that his best friend will know what was up but only got a disappointing answer.

I haven't heard of him. U want me to call him?

Beau accepted the offer and waited nervously, chewing his bottom lip. He was close to tears again. What if Mitch didn't respect him enough to notice his presence anymore?

He doesn't pick up & i knocked on his door but nothing. I guess he's not in his room? Or maybe he already left to the concert hall idk... Kirstie is going soon, u wanna join her?

That was a reasonable option. It turned out that Kirstie thought she was going to be the first one there but she was willing to help finding Mitch because he didn't pick up the phone for her either. No one has seen him, no one has heard of him since yesterday. Beau started to get worried, even more than jealous or hurt.

He anxiously waited until Kirstie arrived and they left to the concert hall, hoping to find Mitch.