9

Ariana's POV
<><><><><><><><><><><>
"Why me?" I ask as we continue to sit and talk in his office.
"Because you're different and I know how cliché that sounds, but it's true. You're not afraid to tell me off where most people would be terrified. And even if you are you don't show it as much. You're also sweetly scary, and I hope you like me as much as I do you." He said with so much sincerity it scared me.

Do I feel the same way about him. Could I even feel that way. Maybe I should try to make an effort. He is and it's unfair if it's a one way street. But it's isn't going to be instantaneous love.

"Any other questions love." He asks sweetly

"What happened to your parents." I suddenly blurt out

Alexander then goes ridged. But still answers my question like promised.

"They were out one night. My dad thought that since they were at a restaurant that only members from blood rose could enter they'd be safe so he didn't bring his gun. That night he was double crossed by my uncle because my uncle wanted my mother, but my mom fell for my dad instead of his brother. He shot my mother in her heart and my father in his head. He then wrote in my mom's blood 'I did this for you my love now we can be together forever' ,and shot himself in his heart. We had the triple funeral the next day. Even though my uncle was family he was an outsider in the gang, he would never attend events that required everyone. That's why I said I don't trust outsiders. If I was there that night maybe my parents would still be alive. That's why I said that and that's why I always have weapons around even if you don't know it. To make sure the people I love are safe." Alex said with tears pooling in his eyes but not letting them go.

I put my hand onto his cheek trying to comfort him. It slightly worked. There was this little voice in my head telling me to comfort him and surprisingly enough it broke my heart to see him like this.

As a bigger effort I inched over to him and climbed onto his lap sitting on my own legs. Man I hope i wasn't heavy.

"Alex" I whisper trying to make sure not to upset him.

He just leans into my hand and hums in response.

"Let it out. You'll feel better once you do." I say hoping to make him feel better.

"Letting it out will just show weakness." He sighs tears pooling even more.

"It's just me here. Just me. Look at me." I said. When he still didn't I took my hand and gently raised his head by his chin like he did to me the first time we met.

"Letting it out will make you stronger not weaker. Please this is breaking my heart." I say with a calm tone. While holding his face I feel hot tears hit my hand.

My next move was bold but at this point I don't care. I leaned up and kissed the tears that came from his eyes. Slowly his tears subsided and he just sat there.

"I still have one more question" I say softly smiling.

"Hmm" he hummed probably not trusting his voice to speak.

"Wanna go to bed. You look tired and I'm worried." I confess. Where was all this coming from.

He gave me a weak smile and I got off his lap. After I did so, and was stable on my own two feet I held my hand out for him like he has done for me in the past. He smiled at my silly actions and accepted my hand.

We walk hand in hand to the room we share.

I was patiently waiting for him to finish bathing. Once he opened the bathroom door he walks over to the bed in nothing but sweatpants as his pjs.

"Ari." He asks.

"Yeah" I ask as I scoot closer to him.

"Is it bad that I miss them." He asked sadly.

"No. They loved you. Plus if you ever want to talk I'm here It's not like I can go anywhere." I joke trying to make light of my predicament.

Alex just chuckles at my response. He then lays down taking me with him holding me as we fall asleep. And for once I'm not fighting it. I think I'm slowly falling for him.
Like I said it's not going to be instantaneous love or anything, but I think it could become love one day.