The Test

Today was the big test. The test all students, in all grades have to take. The world got to over populated so this is a new way to lower the population. It's not a rule, it's a law. I had anxiety all throughout the morning. I walked over to my friend group who contained 3 girls named Janelle, Gurleen, and Serena. And then 3 boys named Anthony, Jose, and Daniel. They all had worry in their eyes. I held back my tears because I didn't want anything to happen to us. The bell rang and we all walked into the gym with hundreds of other kids. The whole school went on lockdown as the officers handed us a iPad for the test. There were guards everywhere. I looks around the room and saw the panic and tension in everyone. I sighed as I began the test. Gurleen looked over at me, "Jada... it'll be okay I promise." She said with confidence. I knew she really wasn't confident though. Gurleen was the type of person who always stayed positive no matter what. Even though she was smart, the test was very hard and took a lot of understanding. She had passed all of them but was worried for this one. I couldn't understand why though. Was it a bit harder? I gulped and nodded at her. "I hope so Gurleen. I'm just scared." A guard looked over at us and snapped his Baton at us. I jumped a bit. "Sorry.." I said under my breath. The whole room was totally silent and pitch dark. All you could see was the blue light from the iPads on everyone's face. I continued on my test until time was up.
   The timer dinged and lockdown was over. It looked like everyone was finished. "Alright everyone put down your iPads and head out towards the back door please." A loud voice announced as the lights came on. Everyone left the building and out through the main gate. I hugged Gurleen and Janelle tightly hoping for the best. Anthony and Jose came up behind us and gave us a hug to. At this point we were all crying. We said bye to each other and left the school to our homes. I stayed up all that night. "I don't want to die. Not now... I can't." It just kept repeating in my head. Over. And over. And over. Again.