~Chapter 46~

The moment had finally arrived. After so many nerves being built up till this moment, they only grew as the quinjet's ramp began to open. You and Bucky stand beside each other, both staring forward waiting for the doors and ramp to open. You know behind that door, your team was going to be waiting, and that only fueled the increasing pressure in your gut. You look at Bucky and notice he's looking even more nervous. In an attempt to ease both your nerves, you take his hand in yours and give it a soft and reassuring squeeze. Bucky looks down at you, and you flash him a small smile, making him return it too. You don't let go of his hand as the ramp opens completely, finally allowing you to see who was standing behind it. You gulp as you see the entire team there. You could sense everybody's eyes on the spot where your hands connected, and even though you were nervous as hell, you couldn't help but smile softly at the sight of your team, your family.
You and Bucky begin to walk down the ramp slowly, never letting go of each other's hands. Once you've reached the ground, you're immediately met with Tony. He's wearing one of his many expensive suits, and his beard is still groomed the same way you remembered. You gulp as you stand in front of him, not knowing what to say.

"Y/n." Tony says in a serious tone.

"Tony." you say. Everyone could feel the growing tension in the air, and you had no idea what to say or what to do when suddenly, Tony steps forward and brings you into a hug while patting your back.

"Welcome home." he says before pulling back and looking at Bucky. "You too, Barnes." he says, earning a light nod and a soft smile from Bucky.

Tony was known for being arrogant, stubborn, and resentful, but you knew that underneath all of that, he was a good person. But even then, his attitude towards you and Bucky still took you by surprise. You were expecting him to be a lot more serious and cold, and you know that he was making a huge effort to be like this right now. You smile as the rest of the team begins to approach you. First it's Steve, and you quickly hug him tightly, and then you do the same with Sam. Right after Sam, Natasha walks towards you and your demeanor changes completely as she approaches you. Your body stiffens as she hugs you.

"I'm so glad you're back." she smiles before whispering. "We have a lot of catching up to do." she smirks as she steals a quick glance at Bucky.

"Yeah, we certainly do." you mumble before clearing your throat. You look to your left and the next ones to hug you are Rhodey, Wanda, and Vision. That's when you notice the metal pieces around Rhodey's legs, which were helping him walk and allowing him to stand up straight, and a sharp feeling of guilt hits you. It was surreal to see everyone here, as if nothing happened at the airport more than half a year ago.

You look at Bucky and find him talking with Steve, Sam, and of course, Natasha. A feeling that wasn't exactly jealousy, starts making its way to your heart when your thoughts are suddenly interrupted by Tony.

"So, I take it you two are a thing again." he says, making you look at him.

"Yeah, I guess." you smile shyly. "How are you?"

"Oh, me? Thriving." Tony says with that sarcastic tone of his.

"I'm serious, Tony." you say. "I'm not sure of how you feel about the way things ended between us. I'm still sorry they had to end that way, and I'm sorry me and Steve hid what happened to your parents from you for so long."

"Steve already apologized, you don't have to as well." he says, acting as if it didn't matter.

"Yes, I do, Tony."

"I've had time to think, and it really is true what they say about time being what truly heals. As much as I hate to admit it, we all made mistakes, and we let ourselves get carried away by our anger." he says. "But things are looking up now. The band is almost back together, despite our differences in the past."