The Last Day

Salvatore Boarding House...

Damon is in his bed and hears Elijah's conversation with Elena and Stefan. He gets up, goes downstairs and joins us after he realized i'm there too but I am very quiet, "Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse," Elijah explains.

"Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus," Stefan says.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it...He'll be a true hybrid."

Damon joins them, "Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie," Damon says.

"Damon..."

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying," Elena explains.

"We promised not to kill Bonnie," I finally speak up.

"I'll write her a great eulogy," Damon shrugs.

"It's not an option, Damon."

"All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan asks.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know," Elijah answers.

"The moonstone."

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each."

"And where do I fit into it?" Elena asks.

"The final part of the ritual," Elijah takes a wooden box from the shelf. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger...to the point of your death."

Damon looks at Elena. Stefan takes Elena's hand. She looks at him, "What about me? I never really understood my purpose," I say.

"Really are a back up for the witch if she needs more power. Taking your power could-"

"Kill me. Right."

"If he ends up not needing you he will advance by drinking your blood," I nodded shakily considering either way i'm still going to die.

He opens the box and takes a jar from it, "And that's where you come in," Elena says.

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation," Elijah says.

"So I'll be dead?"

"And then you won't. You either Blair."

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon looks at Elena. "You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?"

"Those rings only work on humans. The doppelgänger's a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work."

"I'll take those odds over your elixir. What if it doesn't work, Elena?"

"Then I guess I'll just be dead," Elena shrugs. Damon looks at Stefan. He shrugs. Damon looks at Elijah and leaves. "Do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this? Does he have a werewolf?"

"Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years. If he doesn't already have a werewolf, my guess is by tonight, he will."

Lockwood Mansion...

Carol is walking up the stairs. She's leaving a voicemail to Tyler, "Tyler, honey. It's your mother. I don't know where you are, but I need you. I've had an accident and I'm in the hospital," Carol is upstairs. Maddox is here and she looks at him. Maddox looking at her and mouthing the words that Carol is saying. "Please, Tyler, come home." She hangs up and looks at Maddox. "Why did I say that?"