Part 13: The Kidnapping

Nerissa sat at a table by herself in the local Fables' diner. In her hand was a glamour tube, which she twirled around and around in her hand. She nibbled her lip, unsure if this was going to be the right thing to do.

Someone sat across her. Nerissa looked up in confusion to see it was none other than the man himself: Prince Charming. There was a cool glow in his black eyes as he stared at Nerissa with interest.

"You've got guts showing your face here," Nerissa commented, amused. "Aren't you wanted for attempted murder of Sheriff Bigby Wolf?"

"Incidentally, yes. But I would like a quick chat with you, if you don't mind," Charming said, flashing her a sparkly smile.

"I'm not killing the sheriff," Nerissa interrupted. "Or sleeping with you, for that matter."

"As if, sweetheart," Prince Charming scoffed. "That's not why I'm here. Listen, we're both very similar."

"We are?" Nerissa smirked, raising an eyebrow.

"We're in the same situation," Charming explained. "We both want someone ... but they don't want us."

Nerissa fell silent. She looked down at her glamour tube.

"So." Charming nodded his head. "That's a glamour tube, isn't it?"

Nerissa huffed.

"I bet I can take a guess on what it's for."

"Be my guest," Nerissa said dryly.

Charming chuckled. "Now now, I'm not the kind of guy that would say a secret out loud. But I hope that glamour tube will go on good use tonight. And I sure hope it will distract the Sheriff for quite some time."

Nerissa frowned at him suspiciously. "What are you on about?"

Charming leaned forward so that their noses were almost touching. "How would you feel ... with the princess gone?" he whispered. "So that then you can finally get your mucky little paws on Sheriff Wolf without any further obstacles. It will be the same for me."

Nerissa blinked at him. Then she smirked eagerly. Of course she would like that ... Very much. Charming smiled back triumphantly.

"Good girl," he said, patting Nerissa's hair. "Tonight then. At midnight. You do your thing. And I'll do mine."

"Okay," Nerissa beamed, the anticipation inside her starting to grow. Though inside she despised Charming and his vain personality and the way he treated her like a little dog. The asshole didn't deserve any of his wives back. But if this meant her and Bigby could be together ... Her insides turned with glee.

***

When Bigby got back to his apartment, the first thing he did was roar, smash a table, punch the wall, and then sleep. He slept for hours even though he didn't feel tired at all. The numbness inside him made him feel empty and emotionless. Sleep just took him away from everything. That's what he needed; to just be taken away from fucking life.

The door started knocking, and Bigby swore viciously as he opened his eyes. Who the hell was that knocking at this hour?

Colin, most likely.

He switched on his apartment light and went to open the door, shirtless, his hair messy, his eyes a gleaming red.

"Do you know ... What the fucking time is!" he yelled as he flung open the door - and then he stopped.

Snow was standing before him, smiling a little nervously. In his eyes she looked as beautiful as ever. Her black hair flowed in its usual glossy curtain and her velvet blue eyes were aglow. That is all Bigby needed. Snow. At the sight of her he was calm.