Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9

“Here,” said mum passing a white gift bag into my hands. I laughed. Gosh, if you see my mum right now, you would probably mistake her for a soppy teenager not me.

“Excited much?” I giggled. Although it was rather hard to hide my own excitement too mind you. Slowly, I tipped the gift bag upside down onto my bed and whatever landed on the spot literally took my breath away.

“MUUUM! I LOVE YOU!!!” I screamed thrusting myself into her arms and wrapping my hands around her skinny waist. God, I loved her at the moment. Let’s hope she doesn’t kill it, huh?

She laughed. “So, I guess you like it then?”

I raised my eyebrows. “Like it?...I LOVE it!”

“I’m glad, now try it on, I wanna see what it looks like,” she chuckled unwrapping me from the cuddle.

I pouted and crossed my arms in front of my chest.

“So, you wanna get out then mum?”

She frowned. “No, should I?”

I told you, she would kill it, didn’t I?

“Mum, I’m not getting naked in front of you to try on that gorgeous dress,” I mumbled.

She burst into fresh chime of laughter: immature much?

“What?” she retorted clutching her stomach. “Ashley, I raised you baby, I’ve seen your bits, so why not see it now?”

“Mum, get out,” I snapped losing my patience.

“Fine, I’m going,” she said walking away still busy chuckling. As she left, thankfully for the first time, she remembered to shut the door behind.

My eyes travelled to the beautiful knee-length baby blue coloured dress which sprawled across my bed. A sparkly waist belt hung loosely from the centre. It was a perfect strapless dress, just like I wished for. It may have looked simple and plain, but that’s how I liked it: I was never into too colourful and frilly dresses. Plain clothes gave out much more satisfaction in a girl.

Five minutes later, I stood naked on my bedroom floor. Walking over to my closet, I grabbed the fresh undergarments which I had bought a week ago. I wasn’t really saving it for Sophie’s birthday really, but I guess that’s what it looked like now. Fortunately, blue being my favourite colour, I realised that the bra and the thongs matched perfectly with the dress. After putting on my undergarments, I grabbed my elegant dress and pushed my shoulders through the gap. Straightening out the creasing and looping the waist belt tightly around my skinny figure, I walked over to the mirror across the wall. On the other side of the glass, my reflection shined out. I gasped at my body. I looked beautiful. Simply, amazingly beautiful. I’m not vain although it may come across that way. But, if you happen to have a model-alike body like mine, you would know what I’m talking about. My dark brunette hair was wavy and at tips gently curled their way towards my waist: I had a mixture of green and blue eyes, one in a few. Mum always said I was special, because unlike all the other girls of my age, I didn’t complain about anything regarding my body. I was happy with what God had provided me with and if loving your body meant being “vain” and “cocky” then, I guess I was both of it!

“Ashley, are you done?” shouted mum’s voice, again snapping me out of my thoughts and stringing me back to reality.

“Yeah mum,” I whispered, that’s all it took for her to walk in and gasp.

I laughed. “That bad, huh?” I teased.

From the looks of it, she was speechless. Her lips parted repeatedly, like she wanted to say something, but closed every time as she decided against it. She looked like a gold fish.