Chapter 14

Chapter 14

So now I was bad-boy Dexter’s girlfriend. Wow, it felt great moving on. No offence to Brad, I mean it was great while it lasted but he was secretly annoying me about $ex though and it was getting on my nerves day by day listening to his rants about finally “doing it”. Why were boys so crap at handling their hormones? I hope to God that Dexter was different: I really liked him. Somehow, I wanted us to last longer than any other relationships I’ve shared with anyone. There was something special about him and I wanted be part of it. Last week after our first kiss, he had left asking me on a date after my grounded days were over. I had to “aww” at that part because any player who was willing to wait a month for a girl to take her out on a DATE was well worth the attention. The good thing was, we had swapped numbers and already our texts were intense. I hadn’t seen him since then. Unfortunately for me, Nick became better and began to tutor me everyday like organised by my parents. He was a great teacher but I was still finding it awkward beign in the same room as him for 3 hours. We never spoke about Sophie’s party, I was fine with him ignoring the subject because quite frankly, I was just about to get over him and I really didn’t need to be reminded back to the kiss. We also didn’t talk at all, which made it very easy for me to pretend he wasn’t there. The only conversation we shared occasionally was about the subject of “Pythagoras Theorem” or “Atomic Structures of a molecule”.

A week had gone past and now, I was getting ready to head off to school. Yes, my suspension had finally finished. But Mr Flemming had personally rang Sophie’s and my parents to inform them that we were to see him first thing in the morning. I wasn’t so excited about heading off to school now. Frankly speaking, I wasn’t ready to face Brad or the other boys yet. Words travelled really quickly in our school and I guess the intimidating scene at Sophie’s party had reached everybody’s ears by now. I’m surprised that Aiden had managed to control his temper this time. Shocking. But, people definitely didn’t know that I was not single, I was taken by Dexter. The fact that Dexter attended the other rivalry school didn’t help either.

“Ash, you ready?” Mia asked from the doorway as I quickly pulled my hair into a messy bun applying mascara over my eye lashes and adding a hint of eye liner over my eyes. I looked hot.

“Yup,” I replied popping the “p”.

Gathering my bag and slipping into my black high heels I made my way towards the hallway.

“You driving?” I asked.

“Yeah.”

We walked down the stairs skipping every other step just like we used to when we were young: I laughed remembering our past. As we reached the hallway, I grabbed my blue hoodie and entered the living room to see a horrifying sight of my mum and dad’s tongues in each other’s throat.

“PDA!” I groaned walking past them, slapping my dad’s head on the way.

“HEY!” he moaned rubbing his head and playfully glaring at me. “We could be doing something worse than this young lady.”

I groaned. “Yeah, and I could be doing worse than just slapping your head.”

Mum giggle like a school girl. Dear God, just kill me. Ignoring their childish rant, I disappeared off to the kitchen grabbing a toast for Aiden and I. This was a daily routine, no matter how annoying my brother was, I always grabbed him breakfast before school. We never really questioned each other about this, it was a childhood thing we never grew out of. I took my phone out of my pocket and texted Mia:

‘You want toast?’

-Ash x

Immediately a reply flashed on my screen.