Chapter 17

RECAP:

“Ashley, what happened to your face?” he asked his voice ringing with fresh anger. Slowly, he put my feet back to the ground and cupped my face in his warm  hands looking into my eyes.

“Tell me what happened…” he whispered, this time his voice didn’t sound just angry. Oh no, that was the least of my problems. It sounded like he wanted to murder someone right on the spot.

********

Chapter 17

“Nothing,” I mumbled unable to meet his eyes. His jaws tightened and his eyes scrunched up in anger.

“Fine,” he snapped. “I guess, I’ll have to ask Nick.”

He wouldn’t, would he? Was Nick even in school today? SO far I hadn’t seen him at all, so he probably wasn’t even in. Or maybe he was. If he was then he’d tell Dexter so sure. Oh God.

“BradleyhitmebutAidenpunchedhimsoitsallright,” I mumbled again but very quickly.

“Come again? Slowly this time.”

I sighed. Here goes nothing. “Bradley hit me, but Aiden punched him, so its all right.”

I felt Dexter’s arm around my waist, then he leant him forehead against mine. I gulped. I wanted to stay like this really badly. If only he would ignore Bradley and maybe things would be fine again. But that wasn’t possible: especially since Dexter’s eyes looked like they could murder someone instantly.

“Please don’t do anything stupid,” I sniffed against his chest. I could feel the tears pouring down and soaking his shirt. The third time I had cried in six years time. I felt so weak now. The tough girl barrier that I had build was slowly breaking down, I was becoming the pathetic teary wimp again. I hated myself for crying in front of Dexter. The last thing he probably needed was an emotional wreck for a girlfriend.

“Shh baby girl, its all right, I’m here,” he whispered in my ears, which only made me cry harder. Freaking traitor tears. Dexter tightened his hold around my arms and lifter me in the air, spinning me around. A soft chuckle escaped my lips and my eyes widened as he threw me over his shoulders.

“Dexter!” I gasped hitting his ass, which was might I add very sexy. “Put me down you freak!”

“Nope,” he laughed. “I’m comfortable like this.”

“Ha,” I laughed sarcastically. “Sure you are, I’m too heavy! Put me DOWN!”

“Say please.”

“NO!” I wasn’t gonna provide him the satisfaction this quickly.

“Fine then, I guess you like the position,” he chuckled.

I could feel my head going dizzy, for God’s sake, I was UPSIDE down! Sophie and Mia along with the boys were too busy laughing than helping me. Traitors. Suddenly, a brilliant idea flashed in my head. I smirked. Bringing my dangling hands up towards his waist, I pulled his shirt up and licked his back. Not his ass, but his back. Instantly, I could see the Goosebumps around his skin. He stopped moving.

“Ashley,” he groaned.

“Yes Dexter,” I answered innocently. My tongue traced around his skin and God he tasted like heaven. I could probably lick him all day if he’d let me. JESUS CHRIST! Who ar you and what have you done to the old Ashley? Ah well, might as well have some fun now. I parted my mouth and gently bit the skin my tongue was licking. I sucked on it harder and I swear to God I could hear him moan. I pulled my mouth away from his skin and inspected my art. A dark love bite was marked on his skin. Yup, just marked my territory, even though hardly anyone could see it since it was on his back.