Chapter 13

Chapter 13

“I’m Dexter,” he said bringing forward his muscle-filled hands. Oh God, please stop me from doing something immense,y embarrassing like…drooling!

“I’m Ashley…Ashley Brout,” I shook his warm hands and cracked a faltering smile.

No wonder he was Nick’s brother. They looked so much alike. If I had seen him from far away, there’s no doubt that I would have mistaken him for Nick. Unlike Nick, Dexter had plain dark brown eyes…giving some sense of mystery behind them. His hair was neatly flopping on his hidden forehead, unlike Nick’s who just kept it messy and tousled.

“Nice to meet you Ashley,” laughed Dexter letting my hands drop.

I blushed…deadly.

“You too.”

“So, you’re the girl I am tutoring today?” he asked sceptically tilting his head. From the corner of my eyes, I could feel him checking me out. His eyes travelled from my head and stopped at the feet gawking at my naked legs.

“Uhum…” I cleared my throat.

“Hell, your hot,” he whistled making me laugh.

“Thanks, you’re not so bad yourself.”

“Nothing like Nick though?”

I raised my eyebrows in suspicion. Was it that clear that I was mentally comparing him to Nick? Dammit.

“What makes you say that?”

“Your face betrayed you.”

“Elaborate?”

“You look disappointed, maybe you wanted Nick.”

I laughed. “Not after yesterday I don’t,” I muttered unable to stop my stupid babble for a mouth.     

“Yeah, I heard about it, I’m sorry.”

“How?” I gasped. Only Sophie, Aiden, Mia, Nick himself and I knew this…so how the hell did Dexter find out? And why the fuck was he sorry? Huh, dear God, I was confused.

“Nick,” he said shrugging.

“Huh?”

“Nick looked fucked up after that party last night. He came really early and  looked like he w=could murder someone.”

“Is he okay?” I stuttered.

“Yeah, he’s fine, I don’t think he was ready to face you yet,” said Dexter scratching his neck.

“Why?” I found myself asking.

“I guess he feels pretty bad for what he did to you.”

“He should,” I muttered sitting on my bed. Dexter did the same but before asking for my permission with a nod.

“So, what am I teaching you?” he asked changing the subject. I guess he felt uncomfortable discussing his dickhead-ed brother’s sexual actions with a girl. I would too if I were him.

I raised my eyebrows. “Teaching” me sounded a little intense, escapable since he was so damn irresistible. I sighed in my head wishing if only Nick could be like his brother, SI calm, happy and sweet. AND definitely not bipolar.

Dexter caught on with my suspicion and let out a husky laugh. God, was there anything this boy could do without looking so damn HOT!

“Let’s not get too carried away Ashley,” he said laughed.

Naturally I blushed…a typical virgin response. Who could blame my virginity, huh?

“Chemistry?” I asked attempting to drift away form the awkwardness.