Chapter 5 Trouble

Gromit wakes up the next morning to see that the wall of pictures was going off in the dining room he pulls the lever to let Wallace down.

As Wallace's machine begins to dress him Gromit hesitantly look away from the dining room wall and over to Wallace who has a bright smile on his face. "Morning Gromit. A pest-free night per..." Wallace trails off upon noticing the walls illuminating with flashing red eyes, "Chance? Lummy day." He mutters causing Gromit to give a awkward nod.

*****

"It's a disaster!"
"Me garden's ruined!"

"It's carnage out there!"

"Where were Anti-pesto?!"

The townspeople were in an uproar over their destroyed crops from the night before. Everyone was gathered in the church yelling at the head Policeman.

"Simmer Down, Simmer Down, now!" The officer yells attempting to calm everyone down. "Right. One at a time, if ya please."

Gromit and Wallace nervously turn to each other as people yell amongst each other.

"We pay good money for our crop protection."
"If you can't protect the goods, maybe you should keep your traps shut!"

"I've never saw such cauliflower carnage!"

"Worse than the Great Slug Blight, when there were slugs the size of pigs!"
"Growbag's right. The slugs are back!"

This brings into even more of an uproar.

"The slugs are back!"
"That's enough! That's enough!" The officer shouts trying to gain control once more.

The people continue to spout out more nonsense in fear, until the vicar comes in on a wheel chair, "This was no man." He states causing people to quiet down and look at him in worry and confusion.

"What are you saying?" The officer asks.

"Does a man have teeth the size of axe blades? Or ears like terrible tombstones?" The vicar said suddenly standing from the wheel chair causing Gromit to shake his head in disbelief. "By tampering with nature, forcing vegetables to swell far beyond their natural size, we have brought a terrible judgment upon ourselves!" The vicar says snatching the mic from the officer earning an annoyed, "Hey! Give over!"

"You're mental"

"And for our sins, a hideous creature has been sent to punish us all!" The vicar says shaking a few people to try and get his point across, "Repent! Repent! Lest you too, taste the wrath of..." He pauses for dramatic effect, "The Were-rabbit!"

This brings the townspeople into more of an uproar.

Wallace and Gromit watch the chaos swirl around them with uneasy eyes.

Suddenly a gun shot is heard causing everyone to quiet down and turn to the door where Victor and his evil pit stood.

"A were-rabbit? Oh, come, come, now. I do believe the vicar's been to the communion wine again." Victor says smirking as he makes his way down the isles, "What we are dealing with here is no supernatural rabbit. It's a big fellow, perhaps."

Victor states as Phillip glares at Gromit who simply stares back unfazed.

"But a mortal creature of flesh and blood. A matter easily dealt with by a hunter!" Victor said with a devious smile as he holds up his rifle for show.

"Guns will not be necessary, thank you, Victor." The crowd of people turn to see Tottington and Lottie standing in front of two angels. The halos were above their heads and the angel wings looked to be attached to their backs.

Wallace and Gromit's eyes widen at the beauties before them.  Tottington and Lottie begin walking down the aisle as Victor turns to them with something like a broken pitchfork behind him making him look like he has devil horns.

"Hasn't there been enough destruction? " Tottington asked the citizens. "I believe the killing of fluffy creatures is never justified. I say we give Anti-Pesto a second chance." She says as she and Lottie turn to Wallace and Gromit who both snap out of their revivor.

"What how on earth would those tiny-minded buffoons ever catch such a big rabbit?" Victor said ridiculing them.

Everyone turns to Wallace with hopefully expressions.

"Well..." Wallace trails off glancing at Gromit who Lottie notices gives him an encouraging nod. "With a big trap!" He exclaims causing Gromit to face palm and shake his head.

A man to the right of Gromit takes his pipe out his mouth, "By Jove. He's... He's got it!"

The town begins cheering for Wallace and rush over to shake his hand much to Lottie and Gromit's surprise.

Tottington turns to Victor with a victorious smile on her face, "You see, Victor, there's hope for the vegetables yet." She turns back to watch the town continue to cheer Wallace on.

"Not the ones I'm looking at." Lottie heard Victor grumble causing her to lift her ears in alarm.

Tottington, Wallace, Gromit and Lottie all make eye contact, Wallace offers Tottington a smile and wiggles his fist in front of him. Tottington let's out a surprised oh before returning the gesture with loving smile.

Gromit raises one his ears at Lottie and she does the same giving him a small nod causing Gromit to blush slightly.