CHAPTER THREE

That was stupid. Absolutely stupid. I was actually surprised to hear those words come out of my mouth. How could I volunteer to be her daughter's baby sitter? Candice will really laugh at me for doing this. More so with my buddies at school. But I've already said it, without thinking twice. There's no turning back now, plus, I felt like I have to take care her poor daughter, since Helen always helps me out. It's the least that I can do.

We parted ways and called it a day. School is nothing but a routine for me, especially when girls would talk to me, as if they're flirting me. Almost all of the girls hate Candice. They think she's my girlfriend. Well I don't care if they think that way, Candice is very special to me. But I only think of her as my bestfriend.

I shared everything to Candice, all that is going on between me and my good neighbors Helen and Luna.

"I'm really excited to meet Luna, when will you introduce me to your new friend?"

I've told Candice everything about her and that she has been staying in my room for two weeks already. Everything except for my feelings for Luna. I was beginning to like her, more than just what we have- friendship.

"She's really a shy person Candice, but you'll surely like her."

"Sounds like she's getting into you, huh? But when will I meet her?"

I really don't want Luna to have another friend except for me. Selfish, yes, and I hate myself for that. But I want to make Luna happy. I know that she'll be overjoyed if she meets Candice since she'll finally have a sweet friend of the same sex. She'll be ecstatic.

"You can come by tonight if you want."

Candice seemed very thrilled. She jumped out of joy.

"Can I sleep over? Can I? Can I?"

"Of course."

"Thanks Chad!" and out of nowhere kissed me on my cheek. I blushed. That was the first time she did that.

Luna and Candice became very good friends. Once a week, Candice will come by and bring over some sweets for Luna and will even buy her gifts even when there are no occasions. Candice is a very sweet person and came from a rich family also. She was amazed when she learned that I outcasted myself in some unknown apartment near the school, she found it unusual for a rich guy to do it. But in everything I do, she never fail to give her full support. That's why I like her a lot.

I lit the lamp beside my bed and tucked Luna in my bed with the comforter all over her. We sleep together every night but not together in bed. I sleep on the floor.

"Candice will come over again tomorrow right?" Luna yawned and her sleepy eyes are starting to finally give in.

I just finished taking my night shower and so I was still putting on my plain white shirt and pajama.

"I don't know Luna, she was here yesterday so probably she'll be here next weekend."

"And when is that?"
"Six sleeps Luna... why you miss her badly? You don't want to be with me anymore?"

"No! I Mean Yes I miss her but that doesn't mean that I don't want to be with you anymore. It actually feels more comfortable and happier, if we're alone, together. Just the two of us. I really like your company Chad. I really feel secured and you always make me laugh. But I like Candice too, also when she's here, I like that too."

I faced the full-length mirror right next to the bed where Luna is and my face is all red. I was deeply touched with what she said. I wanted to tell her that I like her, no, that I'm starting to love her. But I don't want to ruin what we have now.

"I know Luna. It's just that you always ask if she's going to come by tomorrow, or the next day, or the day after the next..."

I wasn't finished with what I was saying because when I turned to look at her, she's already asleep. I crept closer to her face and watched her sleep. Her lips are so red and looked so soft. I wanted to hug her tight and kiss her. I was drowned with all the imaginations of our lips kissing when suddenly I felt a warm skin pressing my lips. I didn't realize that I was getting closer and closer and that my imagination turned into reality in just a snap. I didn't take advantage of it. I moved back and laid on the floor as quickly as I can. I touched my lips and the moment I had her lips pressed onto mine lingered. I fell asleep.