CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Two months had already passed and Luna became more attached to them. I didn't care. For as long as Luna is happy with their company, especially Kevin, then I don't mind. I was starting feel that Luna has already developed something for Kevin, since they hang out a lot. I tried to avoid laying my eyes on them every time I see them together, but I couldn't. I thought that as the days pass by, I'd eventually forget my feelings for her. But I was wrong. It was so hard to do it, especially when she would always come knocking on my door every other night to cuddle with me on the sofa watching movies and even sleep over. I couldn't say no anyway, she's still a friend. This is just so hard for me.

I felt like Candice already noticed that I was beginning to put up a wall between me and Kevin. She even asked me why does it seem like I was avoiding him most of the time. I said I wasn't, and that I just didn't feel like being with people that time. Candice always fell for it, she'd buy it.

"Come on Chad! Everybody's waiting for us outside!" Luna shouted outside as she was going over her stuffs on her bag again to check on it, for the third time already.

The group planned to have a beach party since it is Nick's birthday. Kevin talked us out, making lame excuses again. Of course, the principal would always grant his wishes, unless he wanted to be fired and settle somewhere else.

"I'm coming Luna, just... just wait ok!" I shouted back as I pulled my socks up and put on my cap and jacket.

I peeked outside the windowpane and saw Candice along with the rest of the gang. It was supposed to be a party at the bar with some other party kickers from school, but since Luna won't come if it's gonna be a hardcore bar session, Nick decided to just celebrate his birthday with just the six of us. Nick liked Luna a lot because she was always helping him a lot, especially on love matters.

"Oh finally! Come on now!" Nick exclaimed aloud after seeing us went out of the apartment.

"Chad!" Candice ran to me and gave me a kiss on my lips. I looked at Luna, she wasn't looking. She was busy talking to Kevin. I froze. I looked back on Candice, still her lips pressed onto mine and she was glaring at me. I just closed my eyes and kissed her harder so that she wouldn't suspect me.

"Eew. Stop it guys! You're scaring the hell out of us!" Trish butted in with the usual sarcasm on her face and tone.

"You're just jealous Trish... you don't get kissed by the one you like!" Candice teased her back.

"Oh sure! Kiss all you want I don't care..." and she glanced on Kevin secretly.

I remembered Candice that she was starting to feel a bit jealous with Luna and Kevin. But since Luna is such a good person and Trish liked her a lot, she just ignore them every time. Honestly, I was bit shocked that Trish would give way and be nice to someone, because she was always so arrogant and sarcastic and just so mean. But she treated Luna differently, and would sometimes ask Luna out to watch a movie with her or hang out. Luna has been everybody's favorite, especially Kevin.

"I was just kidding Trish, I'm so sorry." Candice ran to Trish and hugged her.

I was with Candice on my motorcycle, Kevin with Luna on his, and Nick with Trish in Nick's highlander. It was like a motorcade. Everything was so loud- the music, the girls and the vehicles. Everyone was so happy, and I was side glancing at Kevin and Luna. They seemed like they were talking with each other, Luna with all that beaming on her face and Kevin with laughs that took forever to stop.

The word JEALOUS is all over my face now. I felt a rising tension running through my blood. I tried to hide it so that Candice won't notice. I was starting to feel weak. I wanted to stop the motorcycle. But I didn't want to create a commotion,I didn't want to ruin Nick's birthday. But I was feeling weaker by the second as I watched them became closer and closer. I twisted the clutch, went full speed ahead and I told Candice to hold on tight. She tightened her embrace and I felt her head buried harder at my back. I couldn't take it anymore. I had to let them out of my sight.

I looked at my rear mirror. Kevin placed his hand on Luna's hands that were wrapped around his stomach. My heart ached some more and my knees felt weaker.

We had a blast all day, well they had a blast. We were twenty miles away from home and all that we could think of is just having fun. We had a night to spend and it was an opportunity to get out of the chaotic and unruly world of Heatherfield.

"What a beautiful sunset..." Candice sighed. She was very tired from all the swimming and drinking session that they had.

We all set our tents and put up a campfire near the shore. The girls went out to gather some shells scattered on the white sand not far from where we're situated. I was with Kevin and Nick. We put up two tents, one for the girls and one for us boys.

"What if we put up... three?" Kevin asked in a childish tone, giving us a nasty smile.

"For what?" I asked abruptly, in a serious manner.

"Nothing... I just thought that... maybe... you wanted to be with your Candice, alone, inside your own tent together, you know. So how's that sound?" Kevin said in a somewhat sexy voice. I found it disgusting though.

"Well, if Chad would really want that... then we can, you know, like do it for him... since we're such understanding friends, aren't we?" Nick added while giving me a teasing look.

I was afraid Kevin would think about it. Of course I know that Kevin wanted to be with Luna alone. I think my mind was about to blow when he said what his plan was. Of course I cannot oppose to whatever Luna decides, Luna would still have to decide for herself, whether she'll agree on Kevin's suggestion- two persons in a tent.

"That's fine, I think.." Luna replied and smirked. Kevin's face was enlightened and his smile was like that of a devil's.