CHAPTER FOUR

Every night Helen knocks on my door to drop Luna off. It was already a quarter past seven and still not a sound struck my door. I was getting worried when suddenly someone broke the silence inside my room. I hurriedly went to see who was knocking. Helen and Luna.

"I'm sorry Chad, were you waiting for Luna?" I nodded. "Luna is a little bit sick today, not that high fever but her coughs are non-stop. I had to take her to the doctor and we had to buy some medicine so..."

"Will she be okay now?" I can't help myself but interrupt just before Helen finished her sentence. I was beginning to worry.

Luna coughed but let out a smile and a laughed after, "Don't worry Chad, I feel fine. I won't be a hassle, I promise! Don't think to much you..."

"No you don't understand Luna! I just... No, I'm just worried and... and... I might, well... come on inside, just please get some rest!" I was uncontrollably angry and I shouted.

I dragged Luna into my room not caring how Helen will react. I looked back to see if Helen was mad or something but I found her giving me that warm smile again. She knows that I care so much for her daughter.

Luna didn't say a thing when we went inside the room. I might have hurt her feelings when I shouted at her awhile back.

"I'm sorry Luna. I..."

"I understand Chad. I need some rest now."

I really felt that I've hurt her so much. So much that her usual cheerful attitude became really gloomy. Is it just because she's sick? Or was I really that irritating when I said those words I didn't mean to say?

Silence is all over the room for hours. I checked to see if Luna's still sleeping but then by the time I try to sneak out to take a glance of her face, she would face the other side. She can't see me but maybe she can feel that I want to see if she's already asleep. Judging by how she reacts with my movement, I supposed that she's still awake, and so I didn't think twice to apologize. I laid down on the floor, covered my eyes with my arm and let out a sigh.

"I wanna apologize Luna. I didn't mean to yell at you, it's just that I was so worried and I don't want anything bad happens to you. I'm so sorry if I was such a jerk, I promise I won't do it again." I said in a deep low voice since it's already midnight and I was really sleepy already.

Luna faced the side where I was and responded, "No Chad, I'm so sorry that you got worried. I appreciate your concern for me, thank you Chad for being such a great friend."

I admit that when she said "friend" my heart thumped harder and ached for a second. I can't change the way Luna feels for me, I don't want to take things to the higher level, besides she might turn me down if I tell her the truth. I'll just wait until the right time comes.