CHAPTER ELEVEN

The long night was over and sunrise is already on its way. I cuddled my pillow as I lazily pulled my blanket up to my chin, eyes still closed. I moaned and kept shutting my eyes to get more sleep, when I smelled something good coming from somewhere else. I smiled. I was already imagining Luna cooking something in the kitchen when my eyes suddenly popped out in surprise. Luna is still peacefully sleeping on the bed. This couldn't get any worse. Who else could possibly be cooking right now aside from Candice herself? Besides, she's my girlfriend and she somehow has the authority to just barge in anytime to cook me breakfast.

I stood up as fast as the lightning and stared at Luna. Do I need to hide her? Well, we didn't do anything wrong but I also don't want Candice to think wrongly about Luna sleeping on my bed. Not to mention that I only have my boxer shorts on.

I peeked outside the room and found Candice preparing the table. "This is so messed up!" I said to myself, almost whispering.

"What's messed up...?" Luna got up scratching both her eyes with a worried voice.

It was even more messed up. I didn't want Luna to know that I've been going out with Candice. I know that Luna would be happy but I wouldn't. Maybe because I still haven't completely erased my feelings for her and that I was still hoping that we could be... together.

But everything turned out to be the opposite. Candice already went inside my room earlier and even woke Luna up. She wanted to make sure that she's seeing the real Luna, in the flesh! She could not believe it when she found out that Luna can already walk and see. The three of us ate breakfast together. It did not even took 5 minutes before Candice spoiled everything that I've been fearing Luna would found out.

"I really can't believe it you know! Did you undergo umm... painful operations?"

"I did, but it was all worth it. Now I get to see both of you... especially my mom and Henry."

"Oh! Is Henry you boyfriend?" Candice asked as her smile grew widely.

My heart felt like it was stabbed there for a second. I almost dropped my spoon. I felt tensed.

"No Candice, he's my new dad. You know, whom my mom married."

I was relieved.

"Oh... I thought you already got yourself a boyfriend. Well, because you're really pretty, you know.."

"Why thank you Candice... you're pretty yourself too. No wonder Chad here fell in love with you..." Luna smiled at me.

I always knew Luna would be very happy for us. But I was kind of confused. I went over the thought of being with Luna again. But, I've been going out with Candice for two years already, why the sudden change of heart? Why would I think differently with just a snap?

"So are you gonna stay here with Chad?" Candice asked while looking at her plate and chewing the remaining food in her mouth.

"Of course not. I will be moving in later on the next room, the old room that we used to rent. I have to talk to the landlady first thing after we eat."

It was a Sunday morning. We ate for more than an hour, with Candice bombarding Luna with so many questions. I was just silent the whole time.