CHAPTER SIX

I was exasperated. I didn't know that in just a nick of time my life will turn upside down. With just a letter that I found lying on my doorstep, I didn't even think that it would tear my heart so much that I'd like to stop breathing the moment I read the last words written in it.

"I love you my friend. Goodbye."

I didn't know that Helen is seeing someone and that they're already planning to get married. That doesn't affect me in any way, that's actually a good thing since it will make Helen happy, but why does it have to be this way? Why do they have to go away and live their lives somewhere far from me? Why do they have to take Luna away from me and settle in England?

I was thinking of rushing out to get a plane ticket and follow them. But I was also thinking of what might happen when Luna and I meet, what will I say? Will I tell her, finally, that I love her? I was so confused. My mind is blurred and I can't think straight. Puzzled by what to do, I went inside my room and cried my heart out. That was the first time I cried after my parents left me. I was in deep pain. I have always loved Luna.

As I cry and buried my face on the pillow, the door slowly opened. I looked to see who was there, hoping that it's Luna's that I'll see, and I saw Candice. She was wearing a long face and when she saw that my face was drenched with tears, she dropped her present for Luna, ran to me and held me tightly in her arms. I screamed my heart out and cried aloud.

"Why does it have to be this way Candice? I... I don't know what to do... I... I can't take it, I don't... I really don't want to lose her... I want... to be with her..." I murmured as I struggled to speak and my eyes continued to shed tears.

"I know Chad, and I understand what you're going through. Just let it all out. Don't worry, I'm sure she'll be happy wherever she'll be." and Candice wiped out a tear on my face.

I was miserable. Depression and melancholy are written all over my face. But I tried to pull myself together. I know Luna would have wanted me to be happy eventhough we're no longer together. I reflected on what she mentioned on her letter, "I want you to be happy always. Take care of Candice and continue to love each other. I know you'll make a perfect couple together." It was so heart-breaking. I didn't know whether I'll take it or just forget about it.