CHAPTER EIGHT

A familiar voice greeted me I almost dropped my phone in awe. Just as everything is finally falling into place, why would this happen? I'm almost over her. God might have hated me in the past for making my life so complicated.

"Chad! Oh my God! I finally reached you. I'm here at your apartment right now, I found your spare key under the doormat. Mom told me I'm gonna find it there so... and oh! I really... really can't wait to see you! I came alone, I'm not with my mom but... Chad? Chad?... hello?..."

I was dumbfounded, shocked and I almost crashed into a bus while I was listening to the girl with all the excitement on her voice. I admit at first I thought it was really Luna, but when I heard the girl said "I really can't wait to SEE you", I was taken aback. It's not Luna. It might be some relative that had been wanting to see me after all the years without any news about me.

"Alright, I'll be there in a minute." I hung up and I sounded so cold. My heart is beating fast and I shivered for a second, I don't know why. Am I still hoping that the girl is Luna? That's impossible. What was I thinking? The girl came alone and she wanted to see me badly. Luna is crippled and blind. So stupid of me, again. All this time all the people at school thinks I'm so smart, but the truth is, I'm just plain stupid.

Whoever she is, she still doesn't have the authority to sneak in to my apartment. That does it. I'll show her who's boss.

I slammed the door not thinking about how the "visitor" inside my apartment will react nor how possible it is that she'd get a heart attack from that banging sound that I made.

No one was there. I went to the kitchen and I even looked under the sofa, still no sign of any human being. I was starting to feel scared. "Oh my... don't tell me..." I uttered angrily. That good for nothing girl broke in to my room. Now that's some guts.