Chapter 1: First Day

Chapter 1

Omniscient

Angela is brought out of her dream state by the constant ringing of her alarm clock in her ears. She peeks her head out of the covers and takes a look at the time.

6:30

She pops out of bed and storms into the bathroom where she brushed her teeth. She looked in the mirror and saw someone else. Who was she? This wasn't the Angela Carter that everyone adored, this was someone else.

She looked at the clock on her crimson plaid wall.

6:50

"Damn it!" She exclaimed.

She needed to hurry or she would be late. Making a mental note in her head to change that wallpaper. It was so dingy. She had it installed when she was 16 now the 20 year old was regarding it as a bad choice. Now being much older and mature she knew it was time for change. It's for the best, she thought. She had been on her own since she was 16 after all and she had created a great life for herself.

She stripped out of her clothes and hopped in the shower, turning the knob clockwise making the water burn hot against her mahogany colored skin. As she was washing up she remembered what today was. Today was her first day back in college, as a sophomore, so she was already accustomed to the college life. When Angela was in high school she never wanted to go to one of those high-end colleges. She preferred to keep it simple. Overall she wasn't looking forward to it, she just wanted it to be done, she wasn't like her mom when she was in school, her mom absolutely loved school. And not to mention her mom was the star pupil of her school. Angela could never live up to her mother's image, that's one of the reasons why she isolated herself at such a young age.

Snapping herself out of her thoughts she hops out of the shower racing to her room, the droplets of water hitting the hardwood floor of her homey apartment. Once in her room she goes into her closet and picks out a pair of black leggings and a white shirt that says "Black Girl Magic". After getting dressed she goes back into the bathroom untying the scrunchie that was holding her unruly chestnut locks up. She runs her fingers through her hair in an attempt to tame it and just stops halfway through, letting it flow.

It looks decent. She thought, shrugging it off.

After one more glance in the mirror she's off grabbing her bag, phone, and earphones on her way out. She runs past the front door trying to get to the garage as quickly as possible but looking down she's reminded that she has no shoes on. She rushes back to the front door where her black Converse lay. She puts them on and runs to the garage door. She hops into her all black Chevy Impala and drives off starting the 20 minute drive to her community college campus.

Now only five minutes away she checks the time.

7:30.

She would make it.

She does a little victory dance in her seat oblivious to the fact that someone was watching her and criticizing her every move. She turns her head and sees the woman shaking her head in a disapproving manner. She turns and flips the older woman off speeding through the now green light.

Finally pulling into her parking space, Angela hops out of the car, being sure to lock it and running through the door held open for her she quickly takes the time to say "thank you" to the generous person, not wasting anymore time she glances at the clock above the bolded words that read Student Resources.

7:43.

Expelling a huge breath she bolts to the second floor where her class is and by the grace of God she ran through her classroom door before her professor closed it.

"You're late".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angela above^

A/N: First chapter guys! I know it's short but it will get better I promise.Until the next chapter peeps remember to always stay beautiful.