Chapter 15

"It's your wash day. " I said to Dave as I pull one of the chairs from the dining table and place it near the sink.

I wash and braid Dave's hair every other Thursday. It started to become our routine since we started living together. We have other routines too. We go to the gym every morning or sometimes we go outside to jog around the neighborhood if we don't feel like going to the gym that day. We also eat at Mr. Mack's pizza every Saturday.

I still sometimes go to work with Dave, but all I do is sit in the car as he makes a million stops to make his plays.

A lot of times Dave doesn't let me go to work with him because some days he does more than just sell drugs. He does gang related activities that I don't approve of, but I know he won't stop no matter how much I beg him.

I mean- who am I to change him? He's been doing these things before I even met him.

Dave sits down at the chair and I begin to rinse and add shampoo to his hair.

"This shit feels too good." He says as I massage his scalp.

He loves when I wash his hair, but when it's time to detangle and braid, that's when his tender headed ass can't sit still.

Minutes later I finally get done braiding after this frustrating process.

"Let's go shopping my love." He said as he stands up from the chair.

I haven't been shopping in a while. Cora and I used to always do our shopping together.

Dave puts on his shoes and I put mine on as well. Then we make our way to the car to head to the mall.

It's the weekday and it's only 1:00, so the mall isn't that packed at this time. As we pull up, Dave walks around the car to come open my door. Then he grabs my hand as we walk inside the mall entrance.

The first store we go to is the Chanel store.

"You can get the biggest Chanel bag in the store if you want it." Dave starts singing lil baby's song.

I start to laugh and know that he's dead serious. I can get anything I want as always.

Lately Dave has been making a lot more money than he used to be making. I don't know what he's been doing lately for him to be making so much money, but it gets the bills paid so I'm not complaining.

Ever since Dave started to make lots of money, he has been spoiling me more often than he used to.

He began to start buying me expensive gifts, and we began to shop at those boujee high end stores.

"Baby I like this one." I tell him, as I reach for a white Chanel bag on the top shelf.

I stand on my tippy toes to try to reach for the bag. Dave just stands there and laughs as he watches me struggle to reach for it.

"A little help please." I say sarcastically.

"You a shorty foreal." He starts laughing as he hands me the Chanel bag that I was struggling to get.

"I love it!" I say instantly as I touch the bag.

"Pick out some more" He commands.

Energy.

I pick out a couple more bags and snapchat all the bags that I've decided to get.