Chapter 18

We pulled up to the same abandoned house from 2 months ago.

"Why we here" I ask Dave as he parks.

"I want you to meet some people." He responds.

He gets out to car to make his way over to my door to open it.

I haven't been here since that day I thought he killed someone. I still don't know for sure if he did or didn't, but I like to tell myself he didn't just so I can feel better about the situation.

He holds my hand as we walk inside the abandoned house.

"Yerr!" He greets everyone.

He daps about 12 dudes, and begins to introduce me to them, besides Jason because I obviously already know him.

"This my girl Ramona." He says, and they greet me.

I'm not sure why Dave wants me to meet them but I just go with the flo. 

"If you have any problems just call us." One of the Dudes says.

I nod my head in agreement.

Dave takes my phone to add their contacts in my phone. We only stayed at the house for about 15 minutes. We smoked a little and made small talk with the other guys in the room.

There were double stacked styrofoam cups with some type of colorful drink inside of them, mostly every nigga in the house had a gun tucked in their jeans, there were blunts and weed just laying around, and bottles of alcohol placed sporadically.

We were definitely in a trap house.

I also notice a couple of pill bottles laying on the kitchen table. If I find out Dave is popping pills I might just kill his ass.

Dave then daps them up goodbye and we make our way back to the car.

"Why did you want me to meet them?" I ask, getting into the car.

"Because now that you're dating me, you're affiliated." He says, pulling the car off.

"I didn't sign up to be all gang gang and shit."

"You're not. I said affiliated."

"You're still not telling me the reason why I had to meet them."

"This a dangerous lifestyle Ramona. If some shit goes with me they got you."

"What do you mean if some shit goes down? I swear Dave if something happens to you I wouldn't know how to handle it." I can feel myself start to shake.

"Calm down shorty. A'int nothing going to happen." He grips my thigh.

I start to shake. "Who's out to get you Dave?"

"Don't worry bout it."

I hate when he says that.

"Tell me!" I raise my voice.

"Nigga damn! You ask so many fuckin' questions!? He said frustratedly. "I got oppositions Ramona! why you think I don't got no social media? Huh?"

I shake my head. "Nothing better happen to you! I might go crazy."

"I'll be ight. Don't even worry bout that, but if something does happen just call them. They always gon' make sure you good."

"Nothing better happen to you. I mean that."

Suddenly I get a FaceTime call from Cora.

"Hey girl." I answer the phone.

As soon as her face gets on the screen I notice her eyes were watery, puffy and red.