Chapter 40

The wedding day

I sit in the chair getting my makeup, and hair done for the big moment that's about to happen in only 30 more minutes.

As I'm sitting in the chair I watch as Roa, Nisha, and Cora get their hair done as well, while mama is ironing the bridesmaid dresses.

The stylist turns me around in the spinny styling chair so she can fix the back of my hair, as she turns me around, my face is turned in the direction as my wedding dress, looking perfect on the mannequin.

I couldn't stop staring at how perfect my dressLooks, and it looks even better when I put it on

Looks, and it looks even better when I put it on.

"Alright you're done love." The stylist says. "Do you like it?" She asks.

I look in the mirror to look at the style she gave me. She straightened my hair, and tied it in a chic, classy, modest bun. "Yes I love it. Thank you." I smile politely.

"Hold on let me do some last touches on your makeup." My makeup artist says, before I get out of the styling chair.

She adds a little bit more powder on my checks, and blends my foundation in a little more, then she goes over to my bridesmaids to fix their makeup as well.

"Time to get your dress on." Mama gets excited.

I stand up out the seat, and make my way over to the dress. "I'm gonna need some more assistance." Mama calls for help.

The bridesmaids come over to us to help me get inside my dress.

"Step in carefully." Nisha tells me.

I try to step into the dress without ripping anything, or stepping on the stainless white dress. The dress was so long in length, and difficult to put on. It took us a good minute to help me get in it.

"Finally." I let out a breath of relief.

"Aww look at my baby." Mama says in awe, as she watches me do a 360 spin in my dress.

"That's my best friend, that's my best friend!" Cora sings, hyping me up.

We all laugh, and my makeup artist comes over to fix my makeup one last time before I walk down the aisle.

Mama gives me one last kiss before leaving out the dressing room to go to the venue where everyone is waiting for me to come out. "So proud of you." She kisses my cheek.

"Thanks mama."

Cora, and my two other bridesmaids give me a hug goodbye, and congratulate me.

I give them a group hug, and they make their way to walk down the aisle, joining the best men who are Dave's homeboys near the wedding arch, waiting for Dave and I to come down the aisle.

-

As I walk down the aisle to meet Dave my heart starts to pound profusely, as the violins play and having everyone's eyes on me, I try not to turn my head to look at the everyone in the crowd, even though I was so hesitant to look.

I stare at Dave as I'm walking down the aisle to keep me from being so nervous, as I'm staring at him I notice his eyes are glued to mine as every step keeps getting closer and closer to him.

Looking in his eyes I could tell the genuine happiness through them. Even though he's not good at showing his emotions, and how he really feels, I always know where we stand and how he really feels about me. 

Soon as I greet him near the pastor, Cora notices my eyes watering, so she dries my eyes before tears could fall down, dabbing it so she wouldn't mess up my makeup. Then she stands back in the line near the wedding arch with Nisha, and Roa.

"You look beautiful baby." He whispers.

I give him a shy smile.

The pastor starts off in prayer, and everyone stands up from their seats. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here in the sight of God, and in the presence of family and friends to join together David Perez and Ramona Fletcher in Holy Matrimony, Jesus Christ Reminds us, that at the beginning the Creator made us male and female, and said, For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh."

I stare at Dave into his eyes as the pastor continues his prayer.

He stares at me back, making me nervous a little. We've been together for three years and he still has a way of making me nervous, and feel jittery inside, and I love it.

"You may now take a seat." The minister tells the audience.

Minister -- "I ask you each now, to repeat the marriage vows."

Dave begins to repeat the vows after the minister.

"I, David Perez take you, Ramona Fletcher for my wedded wife, To love and cherish, For better or worse, for richer or poorer, In sickness and in health. From this day forward."

I then repeat after the minister, as my voice shakes in nervousness, but in excitement at the same time.

"I, Ramona Fletcher take you, David Perez for my wedded husband, To love and cherish, For better or worse, for richer or poorer, In sickness and in health. From this day forward."

The minister turns to grab the rings, and begins his prayer. "May the Lord Bless these rings which you give to each other as your sign of Love, Devotion and ever lasting peace. Amen."

"Amen." The crowd says after him.

"As you place this ring on your partner's finger I ask that you repeat these words." The minister says.

Dave and I repeat the words after him.  "This ring is my sacred gift to you, A symbol of my Love, A sign that from this day forward and always, My Love will surround you, With this ring I thee wed."

Dave slips the ring on my finger, while I have a huge smile on my face while my heart is beating out of my chest.

"May the Peace and the Unconditional Love of God surround you and remain with you now and forevermore. Amen." The minister prays.

"Amen." The crowd repeats.

"You may now kiss the bride."

Our loved ones in the crowd begin to clap their hands, anxiously waiting for the kiss.

Dave places his hand on my cheek, and places his lips on mine, causing butterflies to enter my body.

"Allow me to present Mr. and Mrs. Perez!"

Everyone roars, whistles, and clap their hands as I turn my arm around Dave's arms, and we begin to walk down the aisle together, with a huge smile on both of our faces, as everyone cheers for us.

The limo waits for us by the street, and the chauffeur opens the limo door for us, as Dave lets me get inside first.

"We did it baby!" I squeal.

As the limo pulls off he wraps his arms around me to pull me closer, and attacks my lips.

"We did it." He whispers.