The Big Question pt.1

A few weeks later and Lucy and Pip still haven't officially broken up

** Phillip's POV **
I woke up excited for today and grabbed the sign I made the previous night. I bounded down the stairs to see mom feeding Will and making breakfast for the rest of the kids. I offer to help by feeding Will so she passes me the spoon. Luckily, Angie was still upstairs so I had just a few minutes to talk to mom without her eavesdropping. "Hey, Mom do you think Theo'll like it?" I showed her the pink and blue sign asking her to the Easter dance with me. " But most importantly, do you think she'll say yes?" I asked, unsure.
"I'm sure she'll love it Pip. I'm so proud of you for following your heart" she said comfortingly before kissing my cheek. "Any advice?" I enquired
"How about one of your amazing poems?" She suggested.
"Thanks mom!" I ran up to my room to get writing. "I don't need breakfast anyway" I thought. I only just finished my poem when the bus came to pick me and Angie up. I ran downstairs with the poem in my hand and my bag half on. After a quick kiss on the cheek from Mom and a just a wave from Pops I ran to the bus.
I decided not to meet Lucy at the field because she was going to get her heart broken today anyway and I didn't want to make her feel any worse. I told George to tell Theo to go to the bleachers at lunch because that's where I was going to ask her. Finally, lunch came and after a while of waiting at the bleachers and asking George if he did tell her every five minutes, she arrived. I wiped my sweaty palms on my dark pink jock jacket while her dark skin glowed in the sun, her brown curls flowing in the light spring breeze. Theo's blue eyes matched her denim dress and cardigan while her brown boots and belt stood out. She was perfect in every single way, how could I ask anyone better to the big dance? "Will you go to the dance with me Theo?" Her content always-there-smile grew into an elated over-the-moon smile, her eyes grew as well. She looked at me as if I was perfect, I know I'm not but I looked at her the same way as she did to me because she *is* perfect. She nodded her head up and down so my smile also grew ten times. She ran up and hugged me, I wasn't expecting that but it felt right.