The Special Object

Hope's POV:

My eyes slowly opened as I was awoken by the sun blazing through my open blinds. I must've forgotten to shut them before going to bed. I reach for my phone and unlock it, seeing that it's currently 5am. That means the sun will be rising soon. I love watching sunrises and sunsets, everyone does, but my artistic side makes them more beautiful for me. Seeing the different shades of colours merge and blend into something beautiful.

I look to my left and see Josie sleeping peacefully beside me. I gently stroke her cheek before running my fingers through her hair. She's so beautiful and calm. I decide not to wake her up and just go see the sunrise on my own.

I try to remove myself from her embrace and untangle our legs very carefully, trying not to purposely wake her. It didn't seem to work though because as soon as I escape her grip, I head her raspy voice. "Where are you going?" She rubs her eyes before looking at me with them.

"I just wanted to watch the sunrise, and perhaps paint it. You can come, or go back to sleep." I offer. "Yeah let me just get dressed" she lifts herself from my bed and slowly walks to my closet. She pulls out a gray long sleeve shirt with gray sweatpants. She proceeds to be as slow as one can be in the morning as she pulls the shirt over her head and stops midway, showing her belly-button. The shirt covers her face so her voice is muffled but still audible. "Help" She says. I chuckle at her failed attempts to simply put on a shirt.

"Babe, lift your arms" I say as I pull the collar down so her face is no longer covered. Her face is filled with a confused look but she does as I say. I pull the shirt off her and laugh at her confusion. "It was inside out, silly" I explain jokingly. "Oh, could've told me" she rolls her eyes. "I just did. And hey! Don't give me morning attitude" I feel as though I'm talking to either a baby or a drunk person.. maybe a drunk baby. "Let's go paint the sunset" she tries to leave but I grab her wrist. "You're not leaving in your bra and pants, come here." I tell her. She steps in front of me and I begin to dress her. "Plus it's the sunrise, not sunset" I said. "Did I say sunset? I meant sunrise" she rolled her eyes again, this time at herself.

I finish dressing her and we both brush our teeth before leaving. As she continues to exit the room, I quickly grab my phone that is lying on my drawers and run back to her side, grabbing her hand. She looks at our intertwined fingers before looking up at me and smiling sweetly. I think she has finally woke up.

I lead her towards the roof of the school, hand in hand. "Where are we going?" She asked. "The roof. I always paint up there if I'm painting the sky.. or the view form the roof." I explain to her. "Wait how are you going to paint? Your canvas, brushes and paints and all that are still in your room" she questions. "You'll see" I reply.

We reach the stairs going up to the roof before I open the door to step onto the roof. As I do, I turn around and help Josie step out. "Such a gentlemen" she mutters making me laugh. "I know. Trait from my father" I mumble. We walk over to the edge of the west side of the roof before I speak again "you know what else I got from my father?" I smile at Josie. "What?" She asks. "My artistic side" I smile again, this time proudly. Of my father and myself.

"So that's how you paint up here?" Josie asks, pointing to the little set up I have in the corner. It consists of two canvas stands, two stools, a few canvases, never know when I need to capture a moment with my painting passion, and a few brushes along with an empty water pot and paint pallets. "Yep. But I do still need one thing" I say. "What might that be?" She raises her eyebrows. "Water, obviously. How else am I going to clean my brushes?" I chuckle lightly. "Why didn't you grab that on the way?" Josie's asks me. I don't really have an answer for that. "I didn't think about that in the way here, it was early in the morning, it still is." I say to her. "Okay, I'll go get some then" Josie says but before she can turn around to leave the rooftop, I quickly speak up. "No need" I say to her before mumbling a water spell and letting the water drop into the empty pot. "Okay, you need to teach me a few water spells" Josie says as she walks over to me. "Maybe another time. For now, let's paint" I say as I sit in one stool and pat the one next to me.