I Promise

(Ps. I didn't read this through before publishing it so there might be a few errors or places where autocorrect has decided to misbehave. If there are any, ignore them or point them out- I don't mind either way)

Josie's POV:

Hope was lying on the grass surrounded by the twelve corpses. I feel really anxious, what if she doesn't come back in time? I think Lizzie noticed my distress because she walked towards me and began speaking.

"She'll get back" she told me. "I hope so" I sighed. "She will, I know it" she said. There was a moment of silence before Lizzie spoke again. "I think I like someone" she mentioned. "Really? Who is it?" I asked. "It may be Mg" she said. I chuckled "whats so funny?" She asked me. "I already know. It's obvious" I told her. "Wait, you knew I liked Mg before I told you?" She asks and I nod. "Maybe it's just because I'm your twin but as I said, it's obvious. It's also very apparent that he like you too. Everyone could see that" I said. "He likes me?" She asks in shock. "Yes Lizzie, he does. I'm surprised you can't see it, he's like a lost puppy when your not around" i exclaim. "Well if I'm not around, how can I see it?" She jokes. "You should ask him out" I suggest. "Hell no. He has to ask me first, just so I know he likes me and everything" she refuses. "Alright, suit yourself" I sigh. I'll give him a pep talk when we get back to the school.

If that was Lizzie's method of distraction, it worked.. for a moment. After our chat I went back to worrying about my girlfriend.

Lizzie said she had twenty minutes earlier, it's been about ten minutes since then. Ten minutes to get back.

Come on Hope, I need you.

Hope's POV:

"Dad?" I choked. This can't be happening. Why is he here? "Hello princess" he smiles. "Is that really you?" I asked warily. "Yes, Hope. It's me" he replied. I ran into his arms and never wanted to let go. "What are you doing here?" I ask him. "Convincing you to stay, permanently" he says. I release from the hug and step back. "Wait, what?" I mutter. "We can stay here forever, together" he proposes. "You're not my dad." I remember what the book said, there will be ghosts of people I love trying to convince me to stay. "Don't be ridiculous" He chuckles. "Get away from me!" I run out of the maze. "Word of advice, you need to at least try to do the maze. Your body is at the end of it" he says.

I enter the maze again. I wonder if I have magic in this place. "Incendia" nothing happened, great, so no magic. When I enter again, I don't see my father anymore. I take a few lefts and rights in the maze before I'm greeted with someone else. "Uncle Elijah?" I sigh. "Hello Hope" he smiles. I've had enough of this crap. "Get out of my way" I demand. "Don't you want to stay here? With your uncle?" He frowned. "No, I do not. Now move!" I shout. I reach out to her him but as I do, he turns to dust. Is that how I get rid of all these ghosts? Just touch them? Okay, easy enough.

I think I'm getting closer to the exit. It's brighter over here than in the middle of that stupid maze. That's a good sign. I carry on walking but stop dead (no pun intended) in my tracks. "Roman?" I rub my eyes. "Hope" He murmurs. "But you're not dead, how are you even here?" I asked him. "I'm here to help. If you trust me, I can help you get out of here" he says. "Hell no. There's no way in hell I'm trusting you again, last time I did my mother ended up dead" I yell with anger and hurt evident in my voice. "Look Hope, I know your still angry at me for that but I'm sorry. Just please trust me?" He begs. "I'm not angry at you Roman, I'm angry at your mother." I state. "I think she payed her price, she's dead. Thanks to your mom" he rolls his eyes. "Are you serious right now? Your mother killed mine! My mom just took yours with her" I shout at him. "You're right, I'm sorry" he apologises. "Well I'm not" I say sternly and place my hand on his shoulder which turns to dust.