Dear Diary 18/07/2012

8:15 PM

My dad refused to pay for our limo service because we said we didn’t want to sleep over at his house. When he asked us why, we couldn’t exactly tell him it was because we planned to get completely trashed. So, my dad threw a fit and outright refused to cover the limo costs. Thankfully, my mom’s boyfriend stepped in and paid for the whole thing.

Surprisingly, I’m starting to feel a bit excited about the dance. The girls in my circle and I are planning to get our hair and nails done at Jade’s house. Yay!

But my relationship is falling apart at the seams. Cassandra was all over Scott at school today, and he looked so sad and lost, like he was just twisting the knife deeper. After math class, he lingered so he could walk with me to my next class.

“Thandi, I’m sorry,” he said again. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve heard him say that lately.

“You sure look like it,” I replied, keeping my guard up.

“Thandi, I love you. Let’s talk—just tell me how to fix this,” he pleaded. I stopped and stared at him.

“The fact that you’re standing in front of me asking how—figure it out, Scott!” I snapped.

Believe me, diary, I missed him so much. I would have given anything to be wrapped up in his arms, to be kissed by him, to feel loved by him. I wanted a quick fix, too. A part of me could see that this was escalating beyond my control; it was spiraling. But I needed Scott to step up for me. Screw Cassandra.