Chapter 1

"Hey sexy... get over here," He shoves me forcefully and I only sob more.

"Let go of me!" I wail, causing him to get more frustrated as he pushes me down onto the floor. Two large hands grip my head, smashing it into the cold, hard ground and I watch the culprit wind his leg back. I know what's coming but I somehow wish someone could just swoop in and rescue me, being my saviour. But of course, the impact hits me hard in the stomach and I cough; unable to breathe.

"That's for not respecting me," he spits in my face but I don't even pay attention to him as all I can focus on is breathing evenly, "I told you to answer my phone calls and to stop ignoring me at school! Why don't you talk to me anymore?" He pushes me again and I move to stand up, not wanting to look so weak in front of him.

"We broke up," My voice cracks and I cough a bit more, "why can't you accept that? I'm not yours anymore and you can't treat me like this!" I scream and his eyes turn darker which shouldn't even be possible with the evil that they already contain.

"You're going to regret that you ever dumped me," he whispers calmly but menacingly and I step backwards, almost losing my balance. He steps forward as I move away and his fist collides with my face and on cue, the lights go out.

-

"No!" I scream, waking up from my dream. Well, more like nightmare but then again, that nightmare has actually happened. I decide to get up, ignoring my previous nightmare as they occur regularly so they're nothing new.

I jump out of my bed, getting ready for the big day ahead. Here we go. Another day of my boring life and... wait for it. School. How I hate that word but, doesn't everyone?

My name is Chiarra Evans and I am 17 years old. I would love to say that I am a really popular girl and everyone loves me, but I can't. I'm a boring loser with a couple of friends. I have wavy blonde hair that tumbles down my shoulders and bright blue eyes that make me look freaky.

Anyway let's get back to where we were before. School. It's the first day back after the holidays and I can't wait for the next set of holidays already.

"Chiarra! You're going to be late," That's my mother, Grace. Yeah she is a nice, graceful mum like her name suggests but when you get to know her, she can be exceptionally overbearing.

"Alright mum," I yell, grabbing my bag from my bed and making my way downstairs. I have to catch the bus to school because I'm still learning how to drive and am useless at it. Every time I get in the car, I freak out about all sorts of things such as crashing and hitting others so I drive exceedingly slow.

Once I get to school, I hurl my bag in my locker and observe my friends, noticing their approach.

"Hey Chiarra. How were your holidays?" My best friend Eureka asks me, an immense grin plastered on her face. I know what she's been doing the past few weeks. She would have been hanging out with her boyfriend Ashton. He's been dating Eureka for a while now but attends another school. Apparently he's going to be joining us this year though so hopefully he'll be here in a couple of days. That'll be interesting since every time I Eureka if I can meet Ashton, she changes the subject.

"It was fine, thanks." I say in an emotionless tone. My life is so tedious no matter what I do to try and change it. "But I can tell yours were great." I say, pointing to her huge smile.

"Yeah... they were," She says in a dreamy tone. Eureka seems to zone out quite a lot but isn't that what most girls do when they fantasize over a boy? "Let's go!" Eureka yells in my ear, snapping back to reality. Her long brown hair whips me in the face as she drags me off to home room.

-

When home room is finally over, I walk into the classroom for my first class of the day which is Music. I don't even know why I picked it. I mean, I picked it for a reason but I start to doubt my decision as my eyes skim over our class. Not many people pick music as they reach the higher year levels and for this reason, we have to join classes with the year 11's. I guess I am a reasonable guitarist and singer and many people are always complementing me on my skills but I don't like to brag. I hate playing in front of people though and especially individuals that are older and think they're better; I'm not looking forward to joining up with the year 11 class. I've never really gotten along with the older year levels.