~~Level Fourteen~~

AN: There's a few concerns to address. Namely Irisai, the harem, Worm, and characterization of Esdeath.

Firstly, Irisai. Some people like her, some people don't. That's good because I like where she's going but as of her first introduction? Absolute bitch. That was intended. She's got some serious issues, being the crazy kleptomaniac daredevil dragonborn we've all played as. This means she gets character development.

Now the harem. I'm not railroading it. Ever. If I'm doing it I'm doing it properly, which means slowly characterizing the girls and making them each unique and distinct. Most people just toss in like ten girls and they get sidelined. This is, of course, unacceptable. Polyamorous relationships take commitment, honesty, a forward way of thinking, and a LOT of trust. That doesn't build up over time and to do the relationship otherwise is fantasy, not that the idea of a stable polygamous relationship isn't a bit fantastical itself.

Now for Esdeath's characterization. The way I see her she's a warrior firstly and a seriously sadistic one but I've never really considered her to be pure evil. In the anime/manga she clearly had feelings other than 'I should torture some innocent peasants'.

She cared for Tatsumi, of course, and she actually gave him a fair bit of freedom as her unwilling lover, not really forcing him into anything. She also cared for her army somewhat but that's a bit murky since she eventually killed them all when she dropped a Russian winter on the Empire and killed loads of people.

Point is, she's a terrible, horrible person but not pure evil. Bringing out the love and kindness and all the mushy things in her is a long and difficult job. She's still 100% cruel and violent but she's had less opportunity to express that being suck at Abyss' house. Nobody spends every day massacring armies, you know?

Finally Worm. This isn't really a concern, more of a positive note to leave off on. You all seem excited for it so I'll try and do it well. It's a world where strength doesn't fix everything and that's going to be fun to explore in relation to Abyss. There will be escalation…

[|||| =LEVEL 14= ||||]

"Three, two, one," I counted down. Then I sent the pulse of electricity down into Akame's chest. The girl's eyes jolted open and she opened her mouth, only to close it a moment after. I gave her a moment as her throat opened up and she took in a few deep gasps of air. After a little time recovering she looked up and saw me.

Her posture changed to defensive and hostile and she tried to move away from me. Her knee hit the edge of the medical table and I saw it clatter ominously.

"Hey, wait, sto-" Akame yelped as the table fell over on top of her and she landed on the floor. The thin paper I'd put on the table fell over her and her hospital gown.

"W-wha… " Her face looked pained and I realized that her throat must be incredibly dry. I had been using an IV to keep her alive while in my magical medical coma. Doing anything besides soft consonant sounds would be hard.

"Here." I conjured a glass of water and handed it to her. She eyed it distrustfully for a moment before taking it, probably assuming that I'd have poisoned her already if I was going to, seeing as she'd been asleep. I pulled a chair over while she drank, the glass filling itself up whenever she drained it.

"Food," she rasped. I nodded and looked around my lab. I had a few bags of tortilla chips in the corner. I pushed my swivel chair over and tossed the bag to her and pulled another bag and some salsa from the kitchen with motion affinity. I just opened the door and the snacks assembled in front of her while she tore into my food ravenously.