~~Level Twenty~~

AN: I feel like I'm doing a crappy job with some of the stuff in Worm and a great job with other parts. Anyways, if you've read the series then you probably know about the monster in Coil's basement. I haven't forgotten about her. She'll get her time in the spotlight soon enough.

Otherwise this was a fun chapter, though I had a few parts where my mind just sorta refused to work. I haven't written a lemon since like… chapter 11. Time to fix that. No it's not Shalltear.

[|||| =LEVEL 20= ||||]

"No… nononono…" I stopped looking through the records of the Dragon kingdom in Ainz's world and focused on the voice. Taylor. One look through her eyes and I saw what was wrong. A dead body in front of her and cold mist in the air.

I sighed in preparation for some heavy emotions and spoke to her. "First kill?"

"I-I didn't… he was shooting at me and… Why did I never learn how to… to knock people out?" I looked through her eyes and saw somebody in grey fatigues splayed out on the floor, a rifle beside him. His face was covered by a ballistic mask and plastic armor covered most of his body, a ballistic vest over his chest. Through his chest was a spear of ice, piercing the kevlar. Irisai was holding an arrow nocked, her eyes scanning the area. She was likely listening for signs of alarm as well.

"I see that you can make a decent spear now, and throw it as well." This was definitely the wrong thing to say as Taylor shuddered at my voice. "Know that the man you killed is one that condoned the actions of Coil: the kidnapping and drugging of a little girl, the forced conscription of another, the murder of many parahumans or regular humans, and whatever worse deeds he had done in the past. He killed for money. You killed to preserve your life. Lives have been taken for less. That you feel guilt is a sign of responsibility. Keep it but don't let it conquer you. Lean on your friends if you need to. For now, though, move on. You seem to be busy."

As if on my signal Irisai took that time to move onwards. "Lets go," she said to Taylor. I took the opportunity to leave Taylor's mind and do my own work. I was still paying attention, though. I watched as Taylor was much more gentle with the future mercenaries she encountered and Irisai crippled whoever she came across, typically through the piercing or breaking of knees and some sort of fatiguing enchantment on her dagger.

When they came across Coil's office I saw how he was speaking with a blond girl in a skin-tight purple suit, a few eyes over it along lines going over her body.

"What?" he said, seemingly surprised. Neither Irisai or Taylor seemed to notice it but he winced a little a moment after they entered the room. Something happened in his other timeline?

"… I'm sorry," Taylor said, sounding genuinely pained as the room began to frost over. Coil's eyes widened before he looked defiant.

"Because you're going to kill me?" he asked aggressively. Nobody responded. "You don't even know what I want for the bay, what I could do." Still nobody said anything.

"I have eyes everywhere, contacts in the PRT, local government, police, everywhere. I'm influential, far more than you. What do you think is going to happen when I-"

"Kill him. He's bluffing," The blond girl, Tattletale, said coldly. Taylor kept hesitating.

"A bluff?" Coil scoffed. "And what have I done? I'm the only decent villain in the bay, the only-"