~~Level Twenty Two~~

AN: Sorry that this is so late. I had way more trouble with the second half than is at all reasonable and work has been piling sky high. Just to remind you, I'm out of stockpiled chapters so writing isn't on a proper schedule, though I'll try not to be slow. Sorry again for late-ness and hopefully next week will be better. Considering I have a lot of ideas for this story at the moment it might be out by Wednesday. Don't count on it, I suck with schedules.

We also finally wrapped up all I had planned for Worm. There's still Coil's base but that's not going to be in use for a while and not a part of this setting. To those of you that weren't familiar with the series thanks for sitting with it. I tried to keep the terms that were a part of that franchise out of the chapter. I mostly succeeded, I think.

[|||| =LEVEL 22= ||||]

"… Wow. That is fucked up." I looked through the photos Esdeath had given me, most of which were of exceedingly bloody and violent murders the beastmen performed. Then I read a small note on the bottom of one picture. "Wait, abducting women?"

"Beastmen are patriarchal," she noted. Her voice was tired. She was working hard in the other world, too hard for my tastes, but she was having fun murdering hundreds. 'Letting loose steam' she says.

"Wait, they…"

"They rape them, mostly for pleasure but sometimes a child comes of it, whom they enslave. Goblins do the same. They actually act as a slave race in some cases for the beastmen, though considering how much weaker they are than the beastmen they're not much more than a footnote."

"What are the children like?"

"Half breeds. They're not allowed as much priveledge as the pureblooded beastmen, particularly the captured women. They look quite like you, though they act nearly feral. I'm not sure if they're less smart or just less educated. Either is entirely possible."

"Uh huh. Look, what's the point of this? I already agreed to the genocide."

"I don't know what you want me to do with the half breeds."

"It would be best to save them but it's entirely too much work when we could be helping others. Kill those over eighteen and I'll put the rest in orphanages in the Argland council state. The place is terrible but at least it's livable. Better than living in the Dragon Kingdom anyways. If we left them there they would just be murdered by the kingdom's citizens. It would just be unnecessary conflict and I don't want to kill children."

"How cruel," she sounded approving.

"Maybe. I'm trying to move onto keeping the millions of the Dragon Kingdom from dying. I'm not running a charity, as much as it might feel like it sometimes."

"Mmm," she looked at me with a half-lidded gaze. One I recognized. "We still have another hour of free time, you-"

"Abyss!" Kuroka barged into the room suddenly. Esdeath looked irritated at the interruption and turned to glare at her. "The Underworld just got bombed!"

"What?!" I asked, alarmed. "Who?"

"Old Satan faction! They're going out with a bang!" she said urgently. "The treasury was destroyed half an hour ago!"

"Okay… slow down. I've got to make a call." I flipped out my phone - ah, crap, twelve percent - and called Serafall.

"You couldn't have come later?" Esdeath whispered.