~~Level Fifteen~~

AN: I feel kinda uncertain with this chapter but it's not bad, at least I don't think so. It just sorta skips around a bit, setting up for more chapters. Lots of friendship this chapter, though. Oh, wait, sorry, "Friendship"; Non-consensual friendship.

Hope you all are staying safe out there, virus and all. Remember to wash your hands. Meanwhile I'll be staying inside tearing through Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Because that's out now and it's awesome. I think my couch has a permanent depression of me on it now.

[|||| =LEVEL 15= ||||]

My skin turned a purplish black, my fingernails to claws, and my arm grew more skeletal and longer, so similarly to Esdeath's demonic form. I willed the affinities away and the darkness faded. I summoned the demonic affinity again along with chaos and my skin turned to the dark purplish tint. I reached down onto the table and picked up a knife made from ice as I set my arm on a metal cutting board.

"Physical force…" I pressed against my arm with the edge of the blade. A thin line of dark red appeared. I pulled the knife away and it healed in just a few seconds. "Unchanged." I wasn't too disappointed.

"Direct energy attacks…" I tossed the knife onto the table and picked up a cattle prod. I hated this part. Still, I pressed it against my skin and muffled a yelp. I flicked out my hand a few times and drew on a little ice affinity to soothe the injury. "Unchanged," I muttered. Then I sighed.

"Direct magical attacks…" I drew the revolver inlaid with runes and altered with weak corruption dust to fire a magical beam instead of a bullet. I didn't have much of the dust, having not had the affinity for long, but Poledina had once tried to make grimm into dust. He had a lot of time to crush them into pieces. I pointed the revolver at my hand and fired with a wince. Then I blinked in surprise. "Wow, that is really good."

I was impressed. I didn't even feel that. For a moment, I wondered if I had actually hit my hand. I didn't see a mark on the table, though. Just to make sure I held my hand to the barrel of the gun and fired. The black flash didn't blind me and I flexed my hand.

"Extreme resistance to direct magical attacks. Soul attacks?" I put a question mark there for now but aural attacks were almost always linked to direct magical ones. A defense against one usually proved to be a defense against the other.

Unfortunately, I was already running late for today's personal time. I had been in my lab for hours after dinner and getting the chaos demon changes started was the most I would do. If I went further to the other effects of the morph I would get distracted and take another hour of tests.

Just for fun, and because I really wanted to keep experimenting, I changed the color of my hand a few times. It turned a cloudy whitish blue with blizzard, like poor glass with a blue tint or some translucent rock. The affinity detached and space cycled in. My arm turned faintly yellow and the muscles faded while purple markings spiraled up to my elbow, where the transformation stopped and my body was normal.

Void was next and my arm turned pitch black, like an empty sky, and my arm looked dessicated, as though I hadn't eaten in years. I could faintly see impressions of my bones through my skin in places. Lastly I tried purity. Though it and the demonic affinity resisted somewhat they merged after a delay. My arm turned a pale, porcelain color with gold markings similar to the space transformation. I clenched my fist briefly, still fascinated by the foreign muscles and claws.