~~Level Sixteen~~

Sorry about the wait, quarantine screwed me over and I couldn't check fanfiction.net. On to the chapter

AN: Shorter chapter this week but next chapter is an interlude and a long one at that. Again, stay safe. Especially if you're on the west coast. Washington and California aren't looking pretty from what I've been hearing. Anyways, enjoy.

[|||| =LEVEL 16= ||||]

It was almost noon a few days after I had my fun with Ainz Ooal Gown and his crypt, that I heard a knock at my door. I looked at Kuroka to make sure that I hadn't misheard. She was laying halfway on me while we watched adventure time and had her ears perked up and was looking towards the door. I got up with a sigh and hit the pause button on the remote. The nekoshou wavered between laying back down and following me before getting up herself and stretching as she walked after me.

I took a short look over the house before I got to the door. It was a little messy, some neat piles of empty snack wrappers and bags on a few tables and a stack of plates in the sink, messes neither I or my parallels had bothered to clean up recently. I wasn't quite fit for visitors… well I didn't want anybody to bother me anyways. That's why I moved to the middle of Maine. The only things bothering me were my lovers and the wildlife that kept eating all the flowers around the forest, magical or not.

Putting those thoughts aside I opened the door and was sadly unsurprised by the person standing politely outside.

She was supernaturally beautiful - it was a little sad how common that was becoming for me - with long golden hair falling down her back held in a ponytail with a Japanese styled crown and a red ribbon while golden fox ears were settled on top of her head. She wore a long white coat that fell a little past her waist with a fluffy fur lining around the neck and was looking at me with a little nervousness, though she hid it pretty well. Nine fluffy fox tails, as golden as her ears and hair, waved behind her.

If I hadn't been exceptionally good at sensing emotions through aura I'd say she was nervous but keeping it together out of respect, but instead I knew she was feeling a grim readiness and a significant amount of fear.

"Yasaka," I said respectfully. A little exasperation slipped through my tone. I didn't want the leader of yokai and Ameratsu's high priestess giving me headaches. From what I knew she was actually a very pleasant person, but with her came work, the bane of my lazy Sunday. It was actually Thursday but every day was Sunday to somebody rich and unemployed.

"Abyss Mavros. It's good to finally make your acquaintance," she said with a polite smile. "May I come in?"

"That depends as to what you're here for." If she was here for my deification across DxD or for something petty like 'please save my kingdom from the Khaos Brigade' I was shunting her to Elseria and letting her and Irisai sort things out with her, consequences be damned. Akame was staying with them right now as well and was taking a more official position as head investigator within the leadership. It was more like head assassin, but investigator sounded better and made people think that she was just a spy.

"I'm here to discuss the potentiality of your cult becoming a legally sanctioned religion within my dominion. I'd also like to know about your connection with the nekoshou." I looked at her steadily as I wondered whether I could send her to my cult and avoid extra work.

I sighed lightly as I came to terms with the situation on my hands and stepped aside, gesturing for her to come inside.

"Thank you-Kuroka?" Yasaka blinked at my girlfriend.