18

"Hey! Leo!" You both looked towards the almost vacant street. Upon seeing nobody around, you both looked at each other confused.

"Did you hear that?" Leo asked, to which you nodded with a frown before giving the alley a once over.

"Of course she heard that! I practically yelled, nimrod."

Leo frowned and slipped out of your arm, landing his hand in yours while lead you forward. He crept towards a man hole that was lifting slightly with thinning eyes, grabbing the hilt of his katana with a solid grip.

That was until the lid lifted a little more, letting the orange light of the sky identify who it was.

"Raph?!" Leo exclaimed with a suddenly embarrassed expression, quickly slipping his hand from yours.

"Who else?" The brother laughed and slid the man hole cover off with ease, resting his elbow on the ground around it. "What? Embarrassed I caught you kissing up on Y/n?"

"Y-You saw that?!" Leo cried, taking a bewildered step back.

"Yeah, because unlike you I'm not fuckin' around up here while there is a mountain of foot soldiers after us." He countered his brother with an unamused look before looking to you with a small smirk. "And I believe I have a nervous blonde boy waiting for you down here." He said mischievously. He stared to descend back into the hole but paused for a moment. "Don't forget your close the hole when you come down." Raph reminded with a tiny cheeky smile at his flustered brother while he continued lowering down the ladder.

He had a certain air of smugness to him that was suffocating.

Peering over, you saw Leo burying his face into his hands. There were a lot of emotions to process right now.

You leaned forward to get a better look at him next to you. "Uhh... Leo?"

He faced away for a second, waving his other hand frantically. "Yeah, No I'm okay just— I need a second."

Understanding his need to cool down was simple enough. So with a gentle rub on the shell, you whispered. "We'll just be down there," You gestured with your head to the open manhole. "Come down when you're all good." And with that you pat his shell a couple times, slightly awkwardly, then went and sat down tossing your legs down the hole and onto the ladder. You glanced at Leo once more before beginning your climb down.

You didn't like it too much that Raph was waiting halfway on the ladder, directly beneath you. But you had a feeling, despite his poor attempts at flirting in the past, he would have the common courtesy to not stare at your ass on the way down.

Looking down at him from between your legs, you half expected to see his bright green eyes staring up at you. Luckily he was making it his mission to keep his eyes forward or down.

"Y/n!" A familiar, shaking voice squeaked out. You looked down over your shoulder and saw a very disoriented looking Floyd smiling up at you.

A nervous smile tried to twitch to life on your face. But upon seeing him after everything you couldn't help but feel an immense amount of guilt crash down on your mind, making you feel dizzy as you paused, clinging to the ladder for a second.

As you made it down, fully planting both feet on the ground, Floyd grappled onto your shoulders desperately and shook you. "Y/n! What the fuck is going on?!" His eyes were wild, his hair was extremely windblown and his eyes were slightly bloodshot.

"H-Hey Floyd! Uh," You looked over your shoulder to Raph who was leaning against the wall on the other side of the ladder. We was watching you both, disinterested and zoned out.